LED turn signals

Shaneone1

Hey guys I just bought anzo LED smoked turn signals, and I'm confused on how to install them, the LED doesn't have wires coming out but instead it's metal.. Just need help for installing ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438722400.019196.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
That's just solid copper in stead of the hairs....at least it looks like to me. It came with instructions. What do they say?

Shaneone1

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438723707.424299.jpg this is all the instructions say, I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'm trying to teach myself everything about after market parts

And I know about soldering but don't have the right tools

First thing I would do is solder some leads on the LED to work with. Then identify which lead does what, and then you can copy that diagram exactly. If you get leads soldered on and need help let me know.

Do you know of any other way to do it other than soldering? But thanks for the help!

Well there isn't much of a wire to do anything with. Outside of just twisting the wires together, which I do not recommend, not really. Call some electronic stores, RC / Hobby Stores or computer stores locally they usually will help out with soldering. They could knock it out in 10-15 min.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The only other "hoodrat" solution is to wrap wire leads around the pins and shrinkwrap to secure. I wouldn't recommend it though over soldering and shrinkwrapping, but if it was me, I'd send it back. I hate products that the user needs to build themselves.

trail rig

Fold the wires down and plug it in. The wires should contact the terminals on your jeeps connector. It being led they need to be a certain way.

JeepJeep75

Those resistors will get to hot to even touch when your turn signal is on. Keep that in mind when installing in your jeep. Each resistor is dissipating around 20 to 25 watts of heat. That's close to what a soldering iron runs at. The resistors won't get as hot as your iron because of the surface area of the resistor. My point is, bench test it, or ghetto-rig it up on the battery to test the LED with the resistor. The resistor gets HOT very quickly.

Top Bottom