Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carrier

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Okay Gentlemen. My research continues and now I swing my focus on the rear tire carrier. I would like to get the EVO MFG Rear Tire Carrier but have to take into consideration my wife's wishes for ease of use. She simply is not comfortable gaining access to the rear of the JK with the EVO model.

So my attention swings to the Poison Spyder JK Rockbrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carrier. It looks super easy to access to rear with this model, you simply open the rear door, done. I was pretty interested in this until I read the beginning of this thread:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...RockBrawler-II-Rear-Bumper-Tire-Carrier-Break

But then later in that thread, felt that Poison Spyder handled the matter particularly well. So my question is simple.

Have anyone heard of any other failures and what are your overall thoughts about your experience with the bumper/carrier in question? In the previous thread, I noted a couple of you commenting that you owned this model, so I hope you will see this thread and be able to comment.

Much appreciated gentlemen.

Okay Gentlemen. My research continues and now I swing my focus on the rear tire carrier. I would like to get the EVO MFG Rear Tire Carrier but have to take into consideration my wife's wishes for ease of use. She simply is not comfortable gaining access to the rear of the JK with the EVO model.

So my attention swings to the Poison Spyder JK Rockbrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carrier. It looks super easy to access to rear with this model, you simply open the rear door, done. I was pretty interested in this until I read the beginning of this thread:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...RockBrawler-II-Rear-Bumper-Tire-Carrier-Break

But then later in that thread, felt that Poison Spyder handled the matter particularly well. So my question is simple.

Have anyone heard of any other failures and what are your overall thoughts about your experience with the bumper/carrier in question? In the previous thread, I noted a couple of you commenting that you owned this model, so I hope you will see this thread and be able to comment.

Much appreciated gentlemen.

I have this carrier on my jeep and i will look at the welds when i get home to make sure everything looks good. Ive been running this for a couple of months now with no problems at all but it never hurts to double check.

BigPrince

I've got this bumper and have wheeled hard with it, come down on it hard multiple times. No issues at all.

Static83

Benito

Caught the Bug
Have you considered the crawler concepts body mounted tire carrier? Single action operation as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438826086.985429.jpg

Slappy32

I have a Rock Brawler II and it works great. After the weld failure, I ran a cable lock through my tire and carrier. I had mine wrinkle powdercoated and the welds still look great after a year.

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2031.JPG

Top Bottom