Is welding necessary in the installation of EVO JK Enforcer and Drag Link Flip Kit

dwvninety

Is welding necessary in the installation of EVO JK Enforcer EVO-1063 and Drag Link Flip Kit EVO-1071. I finally opened the box and started reading the instructions and it read on the Enforcer System "welding on rear trackbar is recommended after installation" and the Drag Link Flip Kit "welding of all brackets at axle is always recommended".

As I am trying to comprehend it says "recommended" has anyone who has both this kits welded these items or has anyone installed and run these without welding? Reason I am asking is I was going to try and install these myself, but if welding needs to be done I will have to take it into the shop.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Is welding necessary in the installation of EVO JK Enforcer EVO-1063 and Drag Link Flip Kit EVO-1071. I finally opened the box and started reading the instructions and it read on the Enforcer System "welding on rear trackbar is recommended after installation" and the Drag Link Flip Kit "welding of all brackets at axle is always recommended".

As I am trying to comprehend it says "recommended" has anyone who has both this kits welded these items or has anyone installed and run these without welding? Reason I am asking is I was going to try and install these myself, but if welding needs to be done I will have to take it into the shop.

You can bolt them on. I've had mine bolted on for about two years. I did recently run a bead across my front track bar bracket and will do the same to the rear. I just check the torque regularly and have paint pen lines on them so I can see if they have shifted or come loose.

So it is recommended but you can just bolt them on and go.

thedrod

I've put about 15k miles so far on my Enforcer with flip kit and I did not weld anything.
Works great.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have heard of people having the U bolts break on the rear bracket. Idk about the front one. Others bolt theirs on and have no problems.

You should be fine installing it all and then taking the jeep to somebody to weld it on if you want.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You CAN just bolt it, but you SHOULD get it welded. Ask me how I know. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely want to have it or ANY bracket like this welded on. The issue is that EVERY bolt on your Jeep will loosen up over time and faster if you wheel your Jeep. Tightening bolts is always something you should do as a part of routine maintenance BUT, getting to some of the bolts on this bracket can be really tough. Because of it, they are often neglected and that can lead to movement and eventually, failure. Welding the bracket on will make it so you won't have to worry about the bolts in the future.

TheStick

Is this the same for all of them? Here is a pic of the sky high MC mount. Should this be welded on as well?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438880505.119449.jpg

Big b

I welded both brackets on. There is no need to have a shop do the complete install just because you can't do the welding yourself. Bolt them on and then take it to a competent welder and have them do the welding. It shouldn't cost too much as it's just a couple short beads per bracket.

Top Bottom