Traildash2?

Wardell

I just spotted this video on YouTube. Looks like Superchips just announced they are going to make a second, improved version of their Traildash:

They have a page up on their website too:

http://superchips.com/td2/

A few interesting things I noticed:

- It has a larger, 5" touch screen. The current model is 4.3".

- It seems to have a lot more built in screen types and user customization options. With the old one, there have the MyStyle software program to do some button and screen background customization through a computer. I'm guessing they're putting more of that right into the unit on the new one.

- There is a new switch panel screen to control EAS power switches. It seems interesting that they're making an effort to sell this feature from the start. The old one can also EAS switches to control up to 6 accessories, but it really wasn't a well known feature. I think you needed to use the MyStyle program to set them up too. The other thing I notice is that the new one uses an HDMI input plug for these, while the original Traildash had a different connector. Could be important to note if you think you might want to upgrade or want to avoid ordering the wrong cord.

- "New" Rubicon screen. Seems just like the old one, just with a different layout and newer, cleaner graphics. The controls for the lockers, sway bar and TPMS are already in the old one, so there doesn't appear to be any new features involved (unless I missed something).

- Oddly enough, there is no mention of the controls for tuning, programming, reading fault codes, etc. I can only assume it does the same as the older Traildash.

- No pricing mentioned yet. I wonder how this will compare to the original model.

Thoughts? Anyone else hear about this yet?

I was planning on getting a Traildash fairly soon, but I think I might hold off until there is more info available about the new model. It really doesn't seem like it does anything different than the original Traildash, but if the price is right it might be worth it for the larger screen, updated graphics and added screen options.

Top Bottom