Flat Fender LED Wiring Question

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Installed 1 Bushwacker Front Flat Fenders yesterday, second one today. Connected side marker wires as directed, black to whi/grn and white to black.

Side marker works perfect as turn signal, but does not light up as a side marker.

Lsst year I completed the two wire side marker/turn signal mod which worked great.

What's up with this now.

JeepJeep75

I was just in my harnesses trying to do LED switchbacks. Frustrated with all the bandaids I ripped it all back out.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Thanks, just figured it out. If U leave 2 wire conversion alone and just reverse LED wires from blk to whi/grn to black on black and whi to blk to white on white, it works perfectly :)

I'm guessing i had to reversed the wires leading to marker light for the 2 wire conversion.

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Well thought I had it figured out. After 2 hours of cussing, I finally figured out it was a defective LED light :)

Put in a different one and no issues.

No my only issue is I can't get the passenger side front corner of the flat fender to push up against the body :( . There is a very small gap between the fender and the body.

Inner fender is trimmed perfectly snd mounting track are not over tightened.

Oh well not worth loosung sleep over

Hot94Z28

Post a pic of the gap, I installed my Bushwacker's earlier this year and remembering the wires had to be switch for the side markers to work. Mine sits flush on all four, also too bad your not a little closer I would say bring it by my house and I would help you install them. :clap2:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Creepr, tested and retested during install. Worked after install one time, then nothing. Guessing luck of the draw, defective.

Hot94Z28

I would double check the inner fender to make sure it's not pushing the fender out, my driver side has a small gap in the front ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438969777.137122.jpg

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Looking at it more closely, it appears that the body panel at that location has a slight inward wave causing the gap. Doesn't appear to be a dent, just a slight inward curve.

May try a heat gun and Co2 and see if that helps the sheet metal possibly pop outward a little.

Top Bottom