Kevlar paint

jeeper52

LOSER
Kevlar paint. Does anyone have it?

Hey guys im looking for some info on kevlar paint. My Brother is looking at having it done and eventually i had thought about doing it as well. Does it hold up well? Does it fade or stain? How do you touch it up if it does chip? And how much does it cost and who does it. I dont think anyone here in the Denver area does it?

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

There's no actual Kevlar in any of the coatings from anyone. It's just bed liner and it doe stain and fade over time. It also chips quite a bit around the doors. When I thought this was a good idea I was quoted for around 3-4k for the outside of my jeep from 3 different shops.

jeeper52

LOSER
So you deciding to keep it now?

I did yes. Im happy with my Jeep but i thought if i could sell it and make a little money and build another one i would. No sense in taking a loss when i would build the other one similar to the one i just did. I was testing the waters more than anything. But now much like the guy abive said 3-4k for the paint job really isn't that bad if it holds up. Im super anal about the condition of my jeep so if i can have a coating put on to keep the body from getting all scratched up i would do it. However if it does chip,stain,and fade then thats a waste of money. Anyone else have experience with these coatings?

Napalm

I did yes. Im happy with my Jeep but i thought if i could sell it and make a little money and build another one i would. No sense in taking a loss when i would build the other one similar to the one i just did. I was testing the waters more than anything. But now much like the guy abive said 3-4k for the paint job really isn't that bad if it holds up. Im super anal about the condition of my jeep so if i can have a coating put on to keep the body from getting all scratched up i would do it. However if it does chip,stain,and fade then thats a waste of money. Anyone else have experience with these coatings?

I'm anal as well. But, at the same time, we drive Jeeps. Made to be off-road, and look great with some body damage. Just look at GCM2's EVOJEEP :)

As OscarMike stated, the Kevlar will stain, fade, and chip around the doors. I've seen it first hand on some local Jeeps, and it's a lot less desirable than standard paint.

Just my two pennies..

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
To answer your question I've never heard of anyone in Denver that sells the paint. You could google it and call DuPont and find a reseller, but I know a few shops in Dallas do it...because let's face it, Dallas folks have to spend their money somehow to match their 24" rims. :D

Top Bottom