Rear upper control arm mount fail

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The upper control arm mount ripped off where it attaches to the rear axle at some point recently. It put a gouge in my speed sensor wire which is what made me inspect the area. I'm not sure when it happened. The recent trails I've done have all been pretty mild. Anyways, I see that Synergy makes a replacement bracket similar to OEM. Does anyone have another suggestion for a new bracket?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438878539.884301.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, had the same thing happen to me a while back. I'll have to find the thread I started for it. The factory axle mounts suck and time/big flex just worked it off. I was able to get a new bracket from Dynatrac that's a hell of a lot beefier.

EDIT: here's a pic of the 2nd factory bracket that we broke.

attachment.php

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Yup, had the same thing happen to me a while back. I'll have to find the thread I started for it. The factory axle mounts suck and time/big flex just worked it off. I was able to get a new bracket from Dynatrac that's a hell of a lot beefier.

EDIT: here's a pic of the 2nd factory bracket that we broke.

attachment.php

Whoa that's a knarly looking break too. Dynatrac would be awesome, thanks Eddie!

Yea, I really wish I lived closer to off-road evolution. I'll probably just find a local certified welder to do mine. Did they re-use your OEM bracket?

This may seem weird, but I don't know! I picked the Jeep up and just looked at the work that I had brought it to the originally for. Jeep was stolen the next day so I really didn't see the fix.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
This may seem weird, but I don't know! I picked the Jeep up and just looked at the work that I had brought it to the originally for. Jeep was stolen the next day so I really didn't see the fix.

Damn, your jeep was stolen....that's not good. The TJ I owned before my JKU was also stolen. Not a good feeling. I assume you got another jeep. People thought I was crazy for getting another jeep after my other one was stolen.

Damn, your jeep was stolen....that's not good. The TJ I owned before my JKU was also stolen. Not a good feeling. I assume you got another jeep. People thought I was crazy for getting another jeep after my other one was stolen.

Yep! Just picked it up a week ago. Putting together a build list for this one

CRZRTX

I have had three rip out on me. If you have a radius long arm (short upper control arm connecting to the lower control arm), that may be your problem. I went with a three link (for the uppers) to get better articulation. It doesn't handle as well on the highway, but it is much better off road.

Top Bottom