Any advice or suggestions

kerrhau

Ok so jeep is on order so I'm collecting parts, so it doesn't look like crap for too long. 2dr base with 3.73 gears, auto. I don't wheel except trails or camping. I've had cjs and tjs.

I plan on (have) 18/59 coils with red shocks is there anything else I need with that? I'm debating on spacers, to add/ level height? I went this route to avoid getting 4 inches out of a 2.5 lift. I don't plan on heavy bumpers.

I'm debating on 33x12.5x15 w/3.75 bs or 285/75/16 w/4.5 bs. I don't want tires sticking out too far.

I've searched this and other forums but have gotten no clear answers. Any help would be appreciated.

noroad

Ok so jeep is on order so I'm collecting parts, so it doesn't look like crap for too long. 2dr base with 3.73 gears, auto. I don't wheel except trails or camping. I've had cjs and tjs.

I plan on (have) 18/59 coils with red shocks is there anything else I need with that? I'm debating on spacers, to add/ level height? I went this route to avoid getting 4 inches out of a 2.5 lift. I don't plan on heavy bumpers.

I'm debating on 33x12.5x15 w/3.75 bs or 285/75/16 w/4.5 bs. I don't want tires sticking out too far.

I've searched this and other forums but have gotten no clear answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Find a 4dr rubicon coil and shock set for cheap money and put that on, plenty of room for 33s and just enough lift for fun!

edit if you don't want tires sticking out then stay with a 4.5bs wheel it will clear the 12.5s and stay in a good amount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, you can pretty much run 33x12.50's at stock height so long as you run 1.5" wheel spacers as you'll have more issues with rubbing and a full turn than you will with your fenders at a full flex. I personally wouldn't spend any money on buying factory 4-door Rubicon coils as it annoys me that people would actually try to sell them in the first place. If you can get them for free, I might consider it but really, if it were me, I would just get a 2.5" coil spacer lift and run shock extensions and call it a day. That will guarantee the amount of lift you will have to be exactly 2.5". It's cheap to do and super easy to install. But, that's just me.

kerrhau

I appreciate advice wol, I was actually hoping to stiffen the ride a bit as well, wanted my jeep to feel like my cj if that makes sense. I just got some takeoffs for 150$ 18/59 spring # with less than 100 miles. Should I go with a 3/4 spacer in front to level things out? I know not knowing what my jeep will come with complicates matters.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I appreciate advice wol, I was actually hoping to stiffen the ride a bit as well, wanted my jeep to feel like my cj if that makes sense. I just got some takeoffs for 150$ 18/59 spring # with less than 100 miles. Should I go with a 3/4 spacer in front to level things out? I know not knowing what my jeep will come with complicates matters.

Wtf? Why would you ever want a coil spring vehicle to feel like a leaf sprung vehicle?

USMC Wrangler

Wait, you want a stiffer ride but want to avoid the "stiff" ride of 18/59 coils that you already have? Maybe I'm not following...sorry.

I just switched to the EVO leveling kit from 18's up front and still running the 59 rears. Going from a '99 F150 with 200,000 miles to a '13 JKUS 2 years ago left me enjoying the ride of my Jeep. Not too soft, not too stiff. The EVO springs give better but don't feel "spongey" either.

Top Bottom