A few fender trim questions

toxicwaste29

I have a couple questions about trimming my fenders. First the door guard that goes on the edge does that get glued on or is it able to stay by itself? Second the side marker lights; I'm putting on led side marker lights. Has anyone gotten them to work as running lights and also blink with the turn signals? I modded my current stock side markers so they blink with the turn signals and would like them that way if it can be done. Lastly I live in the salt belt I was going to paint my body panels that show when the inner fender liner is removed. Is that enough to keep away rust or should I find a way to reuse my stock fender liners. Thanks in advance for all the advice.

mo0s3

To get the side markers to work you have to wire black to white and white to black. Strange but it worked for me with the little side marker lights from O Reilly auto parts

CREEPR

I personally don't like the door trim on them, but the trim I have seen has glue already in them. Just place and hold on there. You need to cut and reuse the front inner fender. The back I painted with black spray on bed liner.

toxicwaste29

To get the side markers to work you have to wire black to white and white to black. Strange but it worked for me with the little side marker lights from O Reilly auto parts

To get them to work in general or so that they blink and also act as running lights. That's how my stock lights are modded right now. Also I got the same ones from O'Reilly

toxicwaste29

I personally don't like the door trim on them, but the trim I have seen has glue already in them. Just place and hold on there. You need to cut and reuse the front inner fender. The back I painted with black spray on bed liner.

The ones without door trim I'm assuming just clean it up with a knife and sand it smooth on the outside edge

toxicwaste29

Alright. So I got them trimmed and was going down the highway. I noticed they were fluttering which I thought was normal. Sure enough an hour down the road one caught enough lift and ripped off. How do I keep this from happening? Tek screw through the fender into the fender liner?

JAGS

Hooked
Alright. So I got them trimmed and was going down the highway. I noticed they were fluttering which I thought was normal. Sure enough an hour down the road one caught enough lift and ripped off. How do I keep this from happening? Tek screw through the fender into the fender liner?

The rears should be fine. For the fronts. Clean the top of the support with some simple green or similar. Also clean the bottom of the trimmed fender.

Go get some 3m ultra heavy duty double sided mounting tape from Home Depot. Put the mounting tape on top of the support ribs and then push the fender down on the support.

This should keep the flutter down. 👍

toxicwaste29

The rears should be fine. For the fronts. Clean the top of the support with some simple green or similar. Also clean the bottom of the trimmed fender.

Go get some 3m ultra heavy duty double sided mounting tape from Home Depot. Put the mounting tape on top of the support ribs and then push the fender down on the support.

This should keep the flutter down. 👍

The rear are okay. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll just put quite a bit of silicon under the fender and between the support. I should have quite a bit of it around the house.

Top Bottom