Headlight Suggestions JK 14

drafh

I'm wanting to replace my JK 14 stock headlights. I would like them to be dark. Suggestions...

Napalm

Truck-lite LED headlights. The best in the industry!

Northridge4x4 has them for a great price as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438908935.713240.jpg

JJK

I have Truck-lites as well. High beams are really bright, but the low beams are not the greatest. On low they cast a shadow in the middle of the beam. Drives me crazy.

If you're wanting dark, you should look at the JW Speaker lights.

BigBoy

I have Truck-lites as well. High beams are really bright, but the low beams are not the greatest. On low they cast a shadow in the middle of the beam. Drives me crazy.

If you're wanting dark, you should look at the JW Speaker lights.

Mine were the same way. Truck Lite recently replaced them under warranty. Great lights and awesome customer service. Northridge has a great price and service too. It's a winning pair!

drafh

I want them to look dark during the day when they are not on. My Jeep is red and black so I was thinking dark would look awesome.

JeepJeep75

Well, compared to stock, the Trucklites do physically look darker when not on in the daytime... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438920916.954376.jpg
So... Yea... Get the Trucklites!! 👍

USMC Wrangler

drafh, I know several of the Jeeps going to Hidden Falls will have the TL's. I've never seen the JW's in person, but hear they're good. TL's were easier on my budget, produce much better light and they are darker when off than stock.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
One more vote for Tucklites over here, seriously one of the best mods I did by far, wish I had done them sooner, excellent product

joshuaj21

I picked up a set of TL's for both my '11 JK and my wife's '14 JKU Willy's. Both are awesome and would buy them again... also easier on the wallet...

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
I'm not one to swing from the TruckLites tree myself. I just don't care for the looks of them personally. I actually had a set of Bi-Xenon HID's retrofitted into my stock housings and theyr'e amazing! Compared them side by side to a set of TruckLites a couple of years back and my HID's illuminated a further distance than the TruckLites did. Up close, they were pretty similar, but once you got further out, you could see where the TruckLites started to get dim where my HID's were still shining strong. I don't want to mention the vendor that built them for me as I'm pretty sure they're not a sponsor here or an approved vendor. Unless of course the powers that be say it's okay. But if you're looking for housings that are dark, it's hard to beat a set of fully customizable HID retrofits. :thumb:

Jk909

I like the truck lites. You can get a bright ass pair of HID's but they may not be DOT approved. Some people could care less but I think that's extremely annoying.

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
I like the truck lites. You can get a bright ass pair of HID's but they may not be DOT approved. Some people could care less but I think that's extremely annoying.

HID's done the right way are really no different than a set installed by the car manufacturer. There's a reason so many (almost all) car manufacturers include them on their vehicles. DOT approval doesn't decide whether or not a light set-up actually works well. Just that it meets a certain set of standards.

I'm not talking about putting a set of $50 HID buls & ballasts in the stock housings. I'm talking full retrofit of the light itself. Removing the guts of the crappy factory light and replacing them with a full blown Bi-Xenon projector.

Pics

View attachment 158260

35W 6000K Low Beams
View attachment 158261

35W 6000K Low Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158262

35W 6000K High Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158263

JeepJeep75

HID's done the right way are really no different than a set installed by the car manufacturer. There's a reason so many (almost all) car manufacturers include them on their vehicles. DOT approval doesn't decide whether or not a light set-up actually works well. Just that it meets a certain set of standards.

I'm not talking about putting a set of $50 HID buls & ballasts in the stock housings. I'm talking full retrofit of the light itself. Removing the guts of the crappy factory light and replacing them with a full blown Bi-Xenon projector.

Pics

View attachment 158260

35W 6000K Low Beams
View attachment 158261

35W 6000K Low Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158262

35W 6000K High Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158263

Those HIDs look great. 👍👍

Top Bottom