2.5" lift omitting bumpstops???

Wethy

the instructions for my lift say that if running 33's i can omit installing the bumpstops. is there a benefit in doing so or should i install them anyways? i'm leaning toward installing them but i was curious as to why one might leave them out? for added up travel? any negatives you can think of? i read eddie's install of the 2" ome lift and it didnt have bumpstops, hence why i thought id ask for your opinions? also im running 33's for anyone whos wondering.

Wethy

I would add them... You may over compress the spring and that will damage them.

thats kind of what i thought. but then begs the question. why do kits like the EVO HD levelling kit/rancho sport 2" which have 2" front springs not include bump stop extensions. do they figure you can add your own, or just design the kit so they're not needed?

Seems odd to me, I would be putting them in if it were mine.

i most likely will. as i might as well do it all and not have to take things apart twice. no point in doing that.

quertyman

So in my mind, all bumpstops do is limit uptravel. Stopping the suspention components from hitting the body is the only point of bumpstops. Primary reason would be to stop your shock from bottoming out. If you have the stock shocks you won't have problems. Then there's the springs that could overcompress if you put new ones one or spacers. Or there's the tires hitting which is a problem with bigger tires. So if you only add spacers under the springs then you shouldn't need bumpstops unless the springs binds up. So what I would do is install everything without the bumpstops and flex it out to see if the spring binds. If it doesn't you're golden. Take everything I said with a grain of salt because I have almost zero suspension experience. :cheesy: Just a good understanding of it. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom