Super serious question

Warebear

So I've been wondering for a while but been to lazy to ask. Are lockers gear specific? If I re gear my rubicon to 5.13, will I need new lockers? Or even if I re gear to 4.88? Tanks.

Heholua

So I've been wondering for a while but been to lazy to ask. Are lockers gear specific? If I re gear my rubicon to 5.13, will I need new lockers? Or even if I re gear to 4.88? Tanks.

Yes lockers are gear specific. Usually lockers are grouped together 3.73 and lower (4.56, 4.88, 5.13) and 3.73 and higher( 3.21). at least on D44. It might be different with D60. hope this helps.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes lockers are gear specific. Usually lockers are grouped together 3.73 and lower (4.56, 4.88, 5.13) and 3.73 and higher( 3.21). at least on D44. It might be different with D60. hope this helps.

This ^^^^ the locker ends up acting as the carrier. So say you have a sport with 3.21 gears and you move to 4.88's without a locker, you will need to add in a new carrier as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
ahh well, yes they are..but the OP was asking specific to the Rubicon so he should be able to go 5.13 or 4.88 without changing the Rubi locker

David1tontj

And for one more answer..

Lockers like the arb or Detroit that replace the entire carrier ARE gear specific.

"Lunchbox lockers" such as the EZ-locker or loc-rite are NOT gear specific since they only replace the spider gears and not the actual carrier.

Top Bottom