JE Reel 1350 Install - interference with bracket

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited and am in the process of installing a lift kit and new JE Reel 1350 drive shaft this weekend.
Install was going smooth until I started to thread the bolts on the transfer case side flange of the front driveshaft. When I go to rotate the drive shaft it interferes with this control bracket.

I ordered the drive shaft for the Auto transmission, how can I tell if I got the right product? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

I am attaching a picture, sorry it's the best I could take with my cell at the moment.
Thanks!

View attachment 158342

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

It's clearly stated in their instructions that you are to grind that bracket down... Did you just not read them or what?

It's clearly stated in their instructions that you are to grind that bracket down... Did you just not read them or what?
Was there supposed to be instructions included with the package? Trust me that is the first thing I looked for, unfortunately I did not see any in the box with the shaft.

Either way, thanks for the clarification. I am fine cutting the bracket, just wanted to make sure that was the intent.

Thanks!

SaddleTramp

Just grind/cut that piece off, 10Frank9, had mention of this in his build thread, pretty common issue with aftermarket shafts.

Top Bottom