ESC light coming on after lift install and making brakes do weird things

JakeJK

I just lifter my jeep 2.5 inches and the ESC light will come on occasionally and when I try to brake it feels like it's pushing back again me-- haven't aligned wheel perfectly yet could that be the culprit?

channa371

Yes if your steering is misaligned that could cause the ESC to kick in. Get everything straightened out and it should take care of it. If not there could be a short in the wiring harness.

JakeJK

Yes if your steering is misaligned that could cause the ESC to kick in. Get everything straightened out and it should take care of it. If not there could be a short in the wiring harness.

So ESC messed with braking system? Because I thought I royally screwed something up just now

JAGS

Hooked
So ESC messed with braking system? Because I thought I royally screwed something up just now

Yup. Straighten the wheel and if that doesn't work then let us know. Could be something else, the wheel is usually the issue and an easy fix.

The esc comes on and distributes braking as the system thinks you are in a slide.

JakeJK

Yup. Straighten the wheel and if that doesn't work then let us know. Could be something else, the wheel is usually the issue and an easy fix.

The esc comes on and distributes braking as the system thinks you are in a slide.

Soooo if I see the light come on any chance I can just cut the ESC off for the time being?

channa371

Soooo if I see the light come on any chance I can just cut the ESC off for the time being?

I mean you could just take the 5 minutes and straighten everything out. Shouldn't need to be flawlessly perfect but you can get it pretty centered with simply you and a buddy.

Right Rudder

I had this issue for like two days without access to my tools, and I just turned esc off and it never triggered. I wouldn't drive it for an extended period of time that way obviously, but if you need a couple days of light driving before you can get your steering wheel re-centered that should do the trick.

USMC Wrangler

I mean you could just take the 5 minutes and straighten everything out. Shouldn't need to be flawlessly perfect but you can get it pretty centered with simply you and a buddy.

^^^^^This! If you don't have a buddy, it can be done in 10 minutes max including driving it around the corner after each adjustment.

JakeJK

I had this issue for like two days without access to my tools, and I just turned esc off and it never triggered. I wouldn't drive it for an extended period of time that way obviously, but if you need a couple days of light driving before you can get your steering wheel re-centered that should do the trick.

^^^^^This! If you don't have a buddy, it can be done in 10 minutes max including driving it around the corner after each adjustment.

I got it centered, I'm going to the beach so hopefully it doesn't happen again.. But I'm bringing my tools with me, I test drove it and it didn't happen again so hopefully I'll be good thanks guys!

Top Bottom