Tire carrier/rear bumper setup

Rodeo_jk

Im looking for a rear bumper that allows me to retain my factory hitch, or at least replace it with a stronger one... (some of the cheaper bumpers come with flimsy ones.) Backup led lights are a bonus though not required, and a tire carrier would be nice as mine is cracked. I dont mind tailgate mounted ones, just no body drilling. Is there any way to accomplish this in the $500 range?

Rodeo_jk

The AEV rear bumper with tire carrier allows for the use of the factory hitch. I have a 2012 2 door COD MW3 edition Rubicon that came with the AEV rear bumper with tire carrier and the max tow package. I really like this set up. You can also use the tire carrier with the 10th anniversary Rubicon bumper.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/products/body-exterior/jk-rear-bumper-tire-carrier

http://www.rubitrux.com/mopar-82213654-rubicon-10th-anniversary-off-road-bumper.html

That is nice, but nowhere near 500 bucks lol

Jk909

Just wait and find a used one on here. That's what I did. I got the LOD and the hitch is welded in on it. No problems pulling my boat.

Rodeo_jk

Just wait and find a used one on here. That's what I did. I got the LOD and the hitch is welded in on it. No problems pulling my boat.

I would trust a higher end bumper with hitch welded on, just not some chinese cheapo one

jeeeep

Hooked
you can buy the AEV carrier portion only and retain your stock bumper.
what size tire are you carrying?

That is nice, but nowhere near 500 bucks lol

Sorry I totally missed the $500 in the original post. But you really can get good deals on these used every once in a while. The bumpers were used on the 2013 MOAB and the 2012 COD Jeeps both with and without the tire carriers. Also a lot of people sell the rear x bumpers or 10th anniversary bumpers cheap. You can add the tire carrier to any of these if they did not come with it.

I am sure others on here have a bunch of other options this is just what I am familiar with.

Top Bottom