Adjusting LCA's?

DiggaDon

Anyone know how to adjust lower control arms? I put mine in a couple weekends ago and now I checked to see how everything was going below and I found the following image: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439075371.691181.jpg

Any ideas how to adjust them so they're straight up and down?

Is it a length problem or...?

Jitzoo

Loosen the jam nut, straighten it out, re-torque....and use some loc-tite. Joint is supposed to be straight or it can be damaged over time.

Last edited:

JKbrick

If both ends "swivel" then you can't stop them from doing this I don't think. If one end is fixed it wouldn't move if tightened when straight

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone know how to adjust lower control arms? I put mine in a couple weekends ago and now I checked to see how everything was going below and I found the following image: View attachment 158455

what brand control arm is that? are they all that narrow? it looks much narrower than the joint on my lower control arm

Jeepfan30

I ran these RK arms for aver a year and they will stay straight. The trick is to pull the bolt, drop the axle side of the joint, then loosen the jam nut. Offset the joint a little, because when you crank on the jam nut it's going to want to rotate the joint a little bit. You want to offset it enough so that when the jam nut is bubba tight, the joint is straigh and then re-mount. They will stay straight if tightened this way, I also used a 3 foot long pipe I've the handle of my wrench to get the jam nut tight enough.

OJK12

Anyone know how to adjust lower control arms? I put mine in a couple weekends ago and now I checked to see how everything was going below and I found the following image: View attachment 158455

Why would you not want a rotating joint to not rotate??? My buddy uses Johnny Joints on all his control arms and they are always leaning to one side or another. I would think if the joint is operating properly it should rotate.

DiggaDon

I ran these RK arms for aver a year and they will stay straight. The trick is to pull the bolt, drop the axle side of the joint, then loosen the jam nut. Offset the joint a little, because when you crank on the jam nut it's going to want to rotate the joint a little bit. You want to offset it enough so that when the jam nut is bubba tight, the joint is straigh and then re-mount. They will stay straight if tightened this way, I also used a 3 foot long pipe I've the handle of my wrench to get the jam nut tight enough.

Aw man... That will be a huge pain in the back side...

I don't get how you guys think a joint that is made to swivel is gonna stay staight. They are made that way. If you look at the Jonny joints on my Evo long arm they aren't staight, so is something wrong? :idontknow:

Top Bottom