Shock recommendations for 2.5" Teraflex lift

Hello everyone, I am fairly new here and fairly new to the JK though I have owned several Jeeps in the past. I purchased a Silver 2 door 2012 COD MW3 Edition Rubicon used in September of 2014.

DSCF1856 (Small).JPG

DSCF1859 (Small).JPG

DSCF1854 (Small).JPG

DSCF1852 (Small).JPG

Here is my starting point:

Year: 2012, Model: Rubicon, Color: Silver, Drivetrain: 3.6L V6, 5 speed automatic, E locker D44s front and rear with 4:10 gears, Max tow package, Suspension: TERAFLEX 2.5" Coil spring Lift Kit w/ Shock Extensions and stock Rubicon shocks, Front Lower Long FlexArms, Rear Lower Sport FlexArms, Wheels & Tires: Black Rubicon MOAB wheels with 35x12.50x17 NITTO Trail Grappler MTs, (also running 1.25" wheel spacers not sure of brand) Bumpers: AEV tubeless Front bumper, AEV Rear bumper with tire carrier, Armor: Stock Rubicon Armor, AEV Front Skid plate, AEV Rear Differential Skid plate, Enhanced Jeep rock rails, Winch: Smittybilt XRC8, Performance: Superchips Flashpaq, Lights: PIAA 540 windshield mounted lights, Accessories: VIAIR 400C Air Compressor mounted in engine compartment.

As far as use goes this is a Daily Driver and will see lots of on road use including long trips but I would also need it to be capable off road. My job will require me to take the Jeep off road on some pretty rough terrain (I sometimes do inspection on active Gas pipeline and well pad construction sites in the mountains of WV and PA). I also hope to find some other local Jeep owners that are familiar with some of the closer trails.

I want to slowly make additions to the Jeep and would like suggestions from you guys. Considering how much I owe on this thing additions will be slow and I will be working with the current lift. First I would like to get proper length shocks for my lift. I am thinking Blistein 5100's or Old Man Emu but I would really like to hear your suggestions.

I would also like input about what exhaust loop to get (if it is needed) and weather I need limiting straps.

Next I want to add some armor. I am mainly interested in front and rear differential covers, engine skids and transmission skids.

Thanks in advance

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I have a TF 2.5" lift and chose to put the 5100 shocks on it, I'm really happy with it. I've heard the OME shocks are a little softer ride, but I like the truck feel of the 5100s and after the Rubicon, they held up great! No need for exhaust loop or limiting straps either. Mine is my daily driver as well and I put 35s on it with 4.88 gears, rides great, almost like stock 😄👍🏻

Thanks for the response I have heard a lot of great things about the Blistein 5100's and your experiences back that up. I would still like to hear about what others are running too.

jkjurny

I have TF 3" lift. I run Fox. When my Jeep is empty, the ride is pretty stiff. I actually don't like the ride as much when it is empty. It's stiffer than my BMWs ride.

When it's loaded, the ride is significantly better and I like it a lot. It gets more comfortable if I have about 70 lbs of gear in the back plus my kids 3 car seats which are pretty heavy.

Top Bottom