Genesis Offroad Dual-Battery Installation Question

jkjurny

I'm thinking of doing this upgrade, and the instructions look straight forward.

The part that I don't understand too much is the part of cutting the evap solenoid and reconnecting a fuel line. Anything hard about this part?

Anyone do this install? How easy was it, and any advice on what to watch out for?

Thanks!

Buns79

I did this install on my 13 jku about two weeks ago, u have to cut the hard lines to the evap silinoid and use the flexible fuel line that is supplied to get the silinoid to move to the new location. It is simple to do and that step took all of about 10mins to complete, the whole project took me just under two hrs and I didn't have to unplug a single connector from the fuse box... Simply remove the power line from the box and lift it off the mounts and lay it over the fender! The one tool I would recommend getting is the tool that is designed to take the plastic push in clips out, you can get it at any auto parts store and also watch the video on YouTube of the install of the M.O.R.E dual battery tray as it shows a more detailed view of all the wiring removal. Good luck and you will love it after ur done!

jkjurny

I did this install on my 13 jku about two weeks ago, u have to cut the hard lines to the evap silinoid and use the flexible fuel line that is supplied to get the silinoid to move to the new location. It is simple to do and that step took all of about 10mins to complete, the whole project took me just under two hrs and I didn't have to unplug a single connector from the fuse box... Simply remove the power line from the box and lift it off the mounts and lay it over the fender! The one tool I would recommend getting is the tool that is designed to take the plastic push in clips out, you can get it at any auto parts store and also watch the video on YouTube of the install of the M.O.R.E dual battery tray as it shows a more detailed view of all the wiring removal. Good luck and you will love it after ur done!

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out the MORE video

Top Bottom