Defrost light is Flashing

Kneece

At start up the defrost light is flashing and the blower for vented air or AC takes 2-3 minutes to start blowing any air. Dealership said that's normal but other jeeps I know in town say different. Any suggestions would be appropriated.

Brian G.

I don't think it's normal. Mine does the same thing and I had it fixed once, but it is doing it again and I'm planning on just letting it be.

wcarlson40

Yes, I'm dealing with this problem now. I've had it in several times (they tried to tell me it's just a software update that was needed), but it only fixed it for 24 hours. I finally convinced them that the HVAC control module needs replaced (after researching on the Internet), and I'm currently awaiting for the part to come in and get it installed. I'll update you when it's fixed.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else with this problem using a superchips flashpaq on their Jeep? I have my suspicion this may have caused it, but the problem persists even after removing the programming.

Kneece

Yes, I'm dealing with this problem now. I've had it in several times (they tried to tell me it's just a software update that was needed), but it only fixed it for 24 hours. I finally convinced them that the HVAC control module needs replaced (after researching on the Internet), and I'm currently awaiting for the part to come in and get it installed. I'll update you when it's fixed.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else with this problem using a superchips flashpaq on their Jeep? I have my suspicion this may have caused it, but the problem persists even after removing the programming.

I'm running a SuperChips on mine. Same here. Took the programmer off and it's still doing it.

anviljk

I'm having the same issue and I've never used a programmer. Talked to the dealer they are planning to replace it. Not the first one they have seen.

boardsurfer

Same as AnvilJK. No tuner. Light blinks for what feels like forever. Not every time though. If I stop for just a minute or two, like getting gas or something, it wont do it when I start. But overnight, it will blink every morning.

jeffd

common problem. I took mine in they said they needed to reflash as there was an update to fix it and it did not work they replaced the head unit under warranty part number 68197437ab . This on my 14 jkur. that was back in April or so and all has been well since. There was a national backorder on the part so guessing lots of replacements. there is a large thread on another forum with lots of details. Google 2011-2014 flashing rear defroster light.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Wow, another instance of something obviously wrong being labeled as normal by the dealer. And more evidence of crappy parts, that I am sure come from a foreign land.

wcarlson40

Just an update. Got my HVAC Control Head replaced, and all is well. Same part number as mentioned above 68197437ab. No more flashing light and the blower starts right away!

Top Bottom