What To Do, Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place

Hell_Fire

So here is my situation - I bought my 3.8 JKU Sahara at the beginning of this year after selling my old Diesel JKU Sahara. Best decision I have ever maid. BUT and this is the problem, I love my JK but I am upgrading it at the speed of sound, and it just keeps growing, I have decided to do the 6" lift on it as I am getting it for free almost, next step is 37" tires and obviously regearing, but after thinking about it this week and after seeing a Stone White Rubicon for around the same price I bought mine, I am wondering if it wont be better to just sell my Monster, take off all my parts and swop them with the aftermarket stuff the rubi has on, save on lockers plus I get all the extra little things the Rubi has Auto Swaybars and the Crawler gear. Love my Black Beast but do you guys think it would be a wise decision, also I know the full history of my JKU, knew who owned it before me and where it has been, as for the Rubi I wont have any history unless I hunt down the previous owner. I am not sure what to do, help me out here guys should I close my eyes and just do it or should I just keep going with the Monster:thinking::thinking:

BlackKnight

same year, same engine, I'd not do the swap unless you current has D30 front, and the benifits your looking at are the 44s and lockers, in which case, it may be marginally worth it unless your going to be switching axles anyway...

Hell_Fire

Yup D30 in front, so that is one of the big reasons i am considering it, to buy an Axel here is crazy expensive not worth the money. also will it look as good in white as it looks in black with my mods.

Donny

Honestly I'd wait a year and buy a used Rubi with the pentastar in it. Just take it easy on the D30 till then...

But I would say by reading your post and responses it sounds like you WANT to do the deal but want us to talk you outta it....as my wife says...you only live once so do it right!!!:rock:

Donny

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
but after thinking about it this week and after seeing a Stone White Rubicon for around the same price I bought mine, I am wondering if it wont be better to just sell my Monster,

This right here is the most important thing. It is the price that you BOUGHT yours for. Not what you owe. So you would be back where you started just for a few upgrades. I would imagine that if you took the difference between what you owe now and what the new one costs then you could upgrade yours and make it better then it was.

Hell_Fire

Hey guys thanx for the input and yes I was hoping some one here could talk some sense into my Jeeped up head and must say I think you guys did, think I am gonna sit still for a few days or so and let the feeling go away, will hang on to it for another year and sell it off end next year and buy a Pentastar :rock:

Top Bottom