Calculating Height of Jeep after lift?

bladeolson

Hey guys

this is a bit of a goofy question, but I want to be careful. I park my Jeep in a parking garage and I want to make sure it will fit after I lift and add new wheels/tires.. The clearance of the garage is 6' 8".

Is there a good way to calculate this? I have a stock 2015 Rubicon Unlimited and thinking to add 3.5 inch lift and 35" tires.

I am assuming a 3.5" lift is not necessarily 3.5" higher than how my Jeep is today.

Some help on this would be appreciated.

I'm also open to suggestions on Lift / wheels / tires.

Thanks,

Blade

tomwbates

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but you are correct- it's not ways going to be exactly what it states.

For example I just put on a Teraflex 2.5" spring lift and my front came up 3.5" and the back 2.5". I read somewhere that TF builds that into their lift to help level the Jeep's stance.

It also depends on what accessories you have installed. On my 09 JKU the front dropped an inch after adding bumper and winch.

Remember the tires will only add half the height increase so if you have 31's and go to 35's it will increase height by 2".

What brand coils are you thinking about? Also, remember the soft top is higher than the hard top.

I have 3.5" Metalcloak coils, 37s, and the highest point on my soft top is right at 79" (6'7") but my CB antenna is at 7'6". The wife's 2-door has Synergy 2-3" coils and 35s and sits one inch lower.

07JKSahara

6' 8" is pretty tall for a jeep. You'll get whatever from the coils, and only half the change in your tire size. Example, I got 5" total. 3.5" from lift and 1.5" from going from 32" to 35" rubber (35-32)/2.

Top Bottom