Banks cold air intake or Supperchips Flashpaq?

Dllamas

My jeep feels heavy as heck with the front and rear bumpers and 36s toyos I'm running. I was hoping that a cold air intake might help. I know nothing beats regearing my jeep but no money. I just called 4 wheel parts and I can get it for 300. Not that bad also I'm planning a road trip to New Orleans from Houston its a 5 hour drive. And plus I really like banks trothle response it sounds more peppy. Sounds real good from the jeeps I heard so what yall guys think. Anybody running it. I know not to expect mpg gain or horse power gains just take off I'm looking for or should I just pay 310 for superchips tunner what's the best deal for what I'm looking for? Any thoughts please let me know. Thanks in advance

Napalm

What gear ratio are you running?

Gears might help your issues.

Edit: just saw you don't have the money.

I'd do the Flashpaq.

jango

If you want a huge change in the feel, save for gears. I have the Banks Ram Air CI and I like that it does add a bit more pep when you punch the gas. And it is super loud when you get to 5k RPMs. At 3k it starts to have a little roar. Disadvantages, the filter is more exposed to dust so you have to change it a little more often, also your intake hole is lower than stock, if water crossings are popular for you.

Mikead40

I would save that money for the gears.

x2 (or 3...)
The only thing air intakes do is make it easy for a dealership to deny warranty work on your engine. Recalibrate your tire size with a flashcal (costs half as much as the flashpaq) in the meantime...assuming you haven't already done so.

Last edited:

CREEPR

Buy some stockers and run them on your trip and then sell them when you get back. Then save to regear.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Gears. I had the intake and chip and they didn't do nearly as much as gears. For 35s I went to 4.88 and am super happy

Top Bottom