Advice on cpl things

JRied

I'm purchasing the Evo Rock sliders and wanted to know the most recommended finish for them. I don't want linex and have read on the rattle can finish. How has the held up for you guys?

Anyone running the XHD snorkel? I wanted to buy the volant on here but that fell thru. Any issues with the XHD? Majority of my off-roading involves water

scull20

The sliders are going to get scratched and beat up.

You should finish them with something you can easily touch up. I used VHT roll bar and chassis paint in satin black.

EZ-E

I'm purchasing the Evo Rock sliders and wanted to know the most recommended finish for them. I don't want linex and have read on the rattle can finish. How has the held up for you guys?

Anyone running the XHD snorkel? I wanted to buy the volant on here but that fell thru. Any issues with the XHD? Majority of my off-roading involves water

I've got the sliders and just rattle canned them. Has held up well so far and being that they get used and abused, it's easy to just clean the dirt off and touch up the scraped areas.

Saharacon

I will use the XHD in the future just due to the fact that I'm not much modification done.

As far as bedliner finish look into monstaliner. You can have it colored to whatever you please.

I'll be covering my entire JKU with Olive drab green this coming summer.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Same here, I rattle canned the sliders with Rustoleum self etching primer and then Rustoleum satin black paint. Now when stuff gets all scratched up, my bumpers and sliders all used the same paint. Holds up well too.

JRied

Same here, I rattle canned the sliders with Rustoleum self etching primer and then Rustoleum satin black paint. Now when stuff gets all scratched up, my bumpers and sliders all used the same paint. Holds up well too.

Ok cool I'll look into getting those exact ones. Got a pic?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The sliders are going to get scratched and beat up.

You should finish them with something you can easily touch up. I used VHT roll bar and chassis paint in satin black.

No they will not. My sliders don't rub or scrape the parking curbs at the mall. Noob.

:D

JRied

Um, the malls I go to have curbs at least 6" tall...I don't know about the ones you go to, but the ones I go to are pretty serious.

I joined a local extreme mall crawl group. We've snapped a cpl axle shafts flexing on the curbs and speed bumps, thinking of going prorock 80/60 combo to help with those issues. Straight pavement princess

jkbud

I had my Evo sliders powder coated. They do get beat up after a while, I just painted over them & it looks fine

Top Bottom