Quick disco help

Jkjosh14

So I bought some quick disconnects but the sway bar seams to be shifted to the passenger side just a bit to far for me to rotate it up past the tube sticking out of the frame so I can't get it to attach to the bracket so the links are secured and not flipping around. My question is is there a way to move the sway bar toward the driver side so it will clear or can I just file the tube a little. You can see in the photo where the sway bar hits. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439400475.561788.jpg

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You need to cut that tube nearly flush with the frame (just outboard of the weld). A sawzall would do the trick! :thumb:

You need to cut that tube nearly flush with the frame (just outboard of the weld). A sawzall would do the trick! :thumb:

It may just shift more... I cut mine down only to have the bar move more. Granted it isn't flush, but it's definitely trimmed. Eddie just posted about some clamps to keep it centered. I think it is a better solution.

you could also release the sway bar and push it over

Really there is no need to release the bar. The whole assembly shifts in the bushings. A pry bar and 10 seconds will get it back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It may just shift more... I cut mine down only to have the bar move more. Branted it isn't flush, but it's definitely trimmed. Eddie just posted about some clamps to keep it centered. I think it is a better solution.

Really there is no need to release the bar. The whole assembly shifts in the bushings. A pry bar and 10 seconds will get it back.

:cheesy: You guys beat me to it :D

Jkjosh14

Really glad to hear it will shift with a pry bar. I don't have a saws all so I was gonna get to work with a file for a few hours. Well maybe 10 minutes then a trip to the hardware store for a saw.

Top Bottom