Factory Resonator

LasVegasJK

Is it ridiculous that it drives me crazy that this hangs below the frame?
Im not sure I want to delete it.
A little louder is ok, but would rather not sound like the 17 yr olds busted ass Honda Civic down the street.
I already have a magnaflow muffler in the stock location.

Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439413590.676205.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439413607.544539.jpg

quertyman

It really is in a terrible spot. Right it the way to catch the edge when high centering. I am always worried I'll hit it some time.

LasVegasJK

It really is in a terrible spot. Right it the way to catch the edge when high centering. I am always worried I'll hit it some time.

Yeah, I was thinking about replacing it with a Dynomax bullet or something like that. Just don't want my Jeep to sound like junk.

SaddleTramp

I replaced the resonator with a Dynomax super turbo and then put a 4" round Magnaflow/Dynomax can right after (down line of that) and sounds very close to stock to me. There's a thread here somewhere where I posted up some pics. Joe/Chase at Performance Muffler on Decatur here in town did it for me. Tucked up as close to level with the frame rail as possible.

toxicwaste29

I had my muffler off for some time and it sounded like a 17yr old in a Honda. It got annoying quickly. I installed the dynomax ultra flo in my factory resonator spot and it seems to hang down about the same amount

GR8WHITE

I'm running a very similar setup to ^^ saddletrap. I cut off the resonator and welded in a dynomax super turbo but I didn't put in the magnaflow behind it like he did. Mine does dump before the rear axle. I believe it sound pretty good and it's not terribly loud and is way quieter than a lower out and pipes cut off civic. Last weekend i rode in a jeep with the dynomax kit that dumps before the rear axle at it was quite a bit louder then my set up.

Last edited:

SFNick

I'm running a very similar setup to ^^ saddletrap. I cut off the resonator and welded in a dynomax super turbo but I didn't put in the magnaflow behind it like he did. Mine does dump before the rear axle. I believe it sound pretty good and it's not terribly loud and is way quieter than a lower out and pipes cut off civic. Last weekend i rode in a jeep with the dynomax kit that dumps before the rear axle at it was quite a bit louder then my set up.

What size super turbo are you running?

Last weekend i rode in a jeep with the dynomax kit that dumps before the rear axle at it was quite a bit louder then my set up.
Hmmm wonder whos jeep that was? Lol. Dynomax calls the Evolution competition cat back a 6/10 on the loudness scale if that helps, which is what im running.

sc_rhino

Hmmm wonder whos jeep that was? Lol. Dynomax calls the Evolution competition cat back a 6/10 on the loudness scale if that helps, which is what im running.

This is what I'm running and it's too loud for me going slow in 4lo. The sweet spot is around 2000 rpm. I'm getting ready to replace with the super turbo or similar.

This is what I'm running and it's too loud for me going slow in 4lo. The sweet spot is around 2000 rpm. I'm getting ready to replace with the super turbo or similar.
Yea there is a spot around 1000-1200 rpm that rumbles pretty loud. My jeep/gears dont hang there very often.

TheNoob

Why not just replace it with a slimmer resonator? Like one from Vibrant Resonators, they make many different sizes.

Top Bottom