Error code help

BumblebeeZA

Guys, a friend of mine is getting the following error.
P0051 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Heater Circuit Low

He recently bought a 2009 2dr Rubicon 3.L Manual.
It has a freeflow on and decatted.

When he bought the Jeep, it never gave the code until about 200km's
He has now installed the cat foolers, but is getting this code.

Anything you can suggest, he has tried to reset the code by disconnecting the batt for 10 mins etc, but still has the code.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, the code was there before he bought it. It takes time for codes like this to appear, typically, you need to be driving steadily at about 85-90km for a period of time. The computer will do a check at this point and will reveal emission codes. 10 min is too short - try disconnecting the batter for 20 min and that should clear the code. But, I can almost guarantee that it will come back.

CREEPR

More than likely, the code was there before he bought it. It takes time for codes like this to appear, typically, you need to be driving steadily at about 85-90km for a period of time. The computer will do a check at this point and will reveal emission codes. 10 min is too short - try disconnecting the batter for 20 min and that should clear the code. But, I can almost guarantee that it will come back.

Every time I go on the interstate my cel lights up for this and I still have 2 of the 4 cats... I clear it with my superchip and its gone until my next long(er) haul.

Top Bottom