2012 LA Auto Show : 2013 Billet Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been wanting to see what the all new 2013 Billet color on the Jeep JK Wranglers look like, you should head on over to the 2012 LA Auto Show as they have one on dispay there. Of course, if you can't make it out to see it in person, here are a few pics that we took of it.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here are a couple of closer shots to help you to see better that Billet is a darker silver with bigger flakes in the paint...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

For those of you who haven't seen the new Sahara wheels, here ya go...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Notice that the pinch seam is now painted black on all new JK's...
main.php

Sahara leather seats...
main.php

JAGS

Hooked
I really love my 2012 bright silver, but will say the seat upgrades for '13 are really nice...both leather and cloth.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why don't they just cut the pinch seem out if they already know we are going to do it? lol

Good looking jeep though!

GCM 2

Why don't they just cut the pinch seem out if they already know we are going to do it? lol

Good looking jeep though!

Jeep leaves the extra pinch seam material to see if you are a true jeep person and will have the guts to saw on virgin sheet metal. It's a rite of passage, either you are in club or you are not in the club ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep leaves the extra pinch seam material to see if you are a true jeep person and will have the guts to saw on virgin sheet metal. It's a rite of passage, either you are in club or you are not in the club ;)

:clap2: damn straight!!

Prime8

GCM 2 said:

So after punching 28 nutsert holes in my body's sheet metal for my rockskins and carrier, does that put me in an even more elite club? Haha.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Bonus points if you almost light the insulation on fire whilst doing it.

Check. :2thumbsup:

GCM 2

Prime8 said:
So after punching 28 nutsert holes in my body's sheet metal for my rockskins and carrier, does that put me in an even more elite club? Haha.

Prime, you made the cut off by two nutserts. Close yes, but you are in!

MTG said:
Bonus points if you almost light the insulation on fire whilst doing it.

Check. :2thumbsup:

According to the by-laws: "bonus points shall only be awarded to club members if- 1) flames are 36" or higher 2) fire was intentionally set for purpose a crowd entertainment"

Somehow I think you have done both without even knowing the story

Prime8

Prime, you made the cut off by two nutserts. Close yes, but you are in!

According to the by-laws: "bonus points shall only be awarded to club members if- 1) flames are 36" or higher 2) fire was intentionally set for purpose a crowd entertainment"

Somehow I think you have done both without even knowing the story

Haha, awesome! Does it count that I have to drill out one of the nutserts because its the mounting location for one of carrier brackets? I mean that's still 27 and you said the cutoff is 26... Haha.

Anyways, checked my pinch seam, which hasn't been trimmed yet because the rubi rails are still on it until the lift arrives and I have a little more room to install the LoD sliders. Mine isn't painted black, and its a 2013...? Maybe they just did that for this one since its at the auto show?

ForumRunner_20121130_055628.jpg

Trembley

Love my Billet 13' although I do feel that the color match action is a bit much...I prefer the contrast with the black!

Top Bottom