2012 LA Auto Show : 2013 Anvil Jeep JK Wrangler 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If there was one Jeep we were hoping to see at the 2012 LA Auto Show, it was the all new 2013 Anvil 10th Anniversary Edition JK Wrangler Rubicon. Fortunately for use, it was in fact there and in the hot new color Anvil. For those of you who want to know what this color is really like, what I can tell you is that it reminds me a lot of the Nukizer Trashcan Gray.... but, not exactly. It also kind of looks like the FC Blue... but not exactly. I'm not sure if it was the lighting or what but, sometimes it looks more gray and others times it looked more bluish. Anyway, here are a bunch of pics that we took of it.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Notice the cap on the passenger side corner of the rear bumper. I wonder if there are plans to add a spindle for a rear tire carrier here...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Maybe it's just me but I'm really digging that color and actually that front bumper isn't half bad. I like all of the little details like the red I side the trail rated badge and the cool logo on the wheels. The color is actually pretty badass too would look killer with some EVO rocker skins and armor.

BTW are those new Rubi rails going to be standard or just for this special edition?

kaptkrappy

2013 Rubi Front Bumper.jpg

"What makes this rugged machine so capable? It all starts with the steel front bumper that is ready to accept a winch and features removable end caps that allow the massive BF Goodrich 265/70R17 tires unimpeded access to the ground below and in front. In other words, this Wrangler can climb like a mountain goat."

So, are these the "removable end caps" or is this the bumper with the caps removed ?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
View attachment 8102

"What makes this rugged machine so capable? It all starts with the steel front bumper that is ready to accept a winch and features removable end caps that allow the massive BF Goodrich 265/70R17 tires unimpeded access to the ground below and in front. In other words, this Wrangler can climb like a mountain goat."

So, are these the "removable end caps" or is this the bumper with the caps removed ?

I bet that is the "removable end cap" and I bet there's a place for the light under the cover. :thinking: Surely they would put a spot to relocate the lights.

Edit... looking at it again it looks pretty stubby already. Hmmm...:yup:

Why don't all Rubicon's come with that front bumper?

A functional and good looking design, ready for a winch! I really like it! I mean, there are definitely some better looking, more heavy-duty aftermarket bumpers, but it looks like you could run this bumper for a long time before having to go to an aftermarket bumper.

rubiRI77

yeah, agreed. Digging the front bumper. The wheels? I'm still not sure. The hood looks pretty cool, is it actually functioning does anyone know? The red accents? Not my thing, but I get it. Not that ANYONE cares :D

Joebot13

I want it on record that I painted my tow hooks red almost a year ago ... and that I am in no way copying this lol

I think for a factory ride it's a step in the right direction ... could use some refinement of course cuz the bumpers look a little bulbous to me. But I like that they considered stubby bumpers and wider (although shorter) tires ... the 2013 rubicon rims seem like something off of a Mustang II though ... not a fan ... and that leather would suck in the summer here in the desert ... I think if they want to borrow the color from the Mighty FC they should have used the interior from it too.

All in all though I think it's not bad ... my two cents ... kind of too pretty to wheel though

Last edited:

T-Rob

I'm definitely diggin' the hood and the front bumper...never have been a fan of those wheels. Look cheap. Not too crazy about the color, but to each his own, right? :)

Prime8

Primer grey mixed with baby blue. I like the red seats and badging, but I don't like the red outline on the Rubicon hood logo. Makes it look cheap and 80's.

Top Bottom