Best HD drag link and tie rod?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Was wondering what people were running for Heavy Duty drag link and tie rod. About to order in prep for ram-assist on my 2dr JKR.

jkbud

I'm running synergy drag link & tie rod and I hate them both. the tie rod flops up & down and I've replaced the boots on the ends of the drag link twice. I guess there is some spacers available to help with the tie rod flop & I'll probably try those soon. But when I go to hydro I'll look for something different. Thinking Carolina metal masters. .. anyone have experience with them?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I'm running synergy drag link & tie rod and I hate them both. the tie rod flops up & down and I've replaced the boots on the ends of the drag link twice. I guess there is some spacers available to help with the tie rod flop & I'll probably try those soon. But when I go to hydro I'll look for something different. Thinking Carolina metal masters. .. anyone have experience with them?

Sounds like the synergy isn't the best. Currie is proven and I've been running it for four years but wanted to make sure I spent my money well and there wasn't a better option.

Jtmw

Sounds like the synergy isn't the best. Currie is proven and I've been running it for four years but wanted to make sure I spent my money well and there wasn't a better option.

I have synergy Drag link/DL Flip kit and wouldn't ever buy it again. Wish I had done more research, NR4X4 Recommended it for me and the shop i went through had install problems but even when installed correctly it does flip and click, and doesn't seem that those TRE are going to last long.

Jtmw

This ^^^

It's what I run and have been for a long time.

I originally had this planned but was told the stock drag link was going to be a weak point if i did just a RHD for a flip kit. But I would have MUCH rather done this option! I believe EVO offers it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I originally had this planned but was told the stock drag link was going to be a weak point if i did just a RHD for a flip kit. But I would have MUCH rather done this option! I believe EVO offers it.

Who told you that? Northridge? They can't make money off you if you are running factory parts.

Jtmw

Who told you that? Northridge? They can't make money off you if you are running factory parts.

Yeah, it was when I was making the switch to CO. I had the evo kit lined up they mentioned that it was just a RHD drag link, and the Synergy kit would be a better/stronger/more durable option. Now after ordering I see that the evo kit would've been plenty fine. Just didn't have a lot of info on the subject at the time and they had never steered me wrong so I didn't think twice.

Edit: got my words mixed up, not a rhd tie rod lol

Last edited:

SFNick

I have synergy Drag link/DL Flip kit and wouldn't ever buy it again. Wish I had done more research, NR4X4 Recommended it for me and the shop i went through had install problems but even when installed correctly it does flip and click, and doesn't seem that those TRE are going to last long.

I saw your pic awhile back & that shop fucked that install up. All flip kits are installed the same either with a tapered reamer or 7/8 drill bit & sleeve. If it's drilled too big you fucked up. I wouldn't use that shop anymore.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I saw your pic awhile back & that shop fucked that install up. All flip kits are installed the same either with a tapered reamer or 7/8 drill bit & sleeve. If it's drilled too big you fucked up. I wouldn't use that shop anymore.

Not all flip kits use 7/8 drill bits.

Top Bottom