I've got plane tickets, where do i go?

Jtmw

I recently got a chance to get a handful of travel opportunities. I can go anywhere, obviously the Jeep wont be with me. BUT where should I go?

trailless

Caught the Bug
If not limited to the states, I would personally fly straight to Eastern/central Europe. Budapest, Kraków, the smaller cities in Slovakia and finish in Berlin/Hamburg.

If not, check out New Orleans. Really no other place like it. Just be prepared for it to smell a bit.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If I had to fly somewhere instead of driving right now it would be British Columbia, Alaska, Nova Scotia or Iceland.

Jtmw

England/Ireland/Scotland
Barbados
Alaska
California
Nova Scotia - Halifax

I'm going to try to make it out to California on the next ride Wayalife has a hopefully grab a passenger seat with someone!

Any good recommendations for a place specifc place in Ireland/Scot?

Alaska, Oregon, Hawaii, Maine, Guam, Japan.....

Where in Japan?

Iraq
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Israel

As much as a joke as this may have been I would love to go to Israel. But i did lol.

If not limited to the states, I would personally fly straight to Eastern/central Europe. Budapest, Kraków, the smaller cities in Slovakia and finish in Berlin/Hamburg.

If not, check out New Orleans. Really no other place like it. Just be prepared for it to smell a bit.

Where would you say the pinnacle of that European trip is?

Skid_Kid

I'm going to try to make it out to California on the next ride Wayalife has a hopefully grab a passenger seat with someone!

Where in Japan?

As much as a joke as this may have been I would love to go to Israel. But i did lol.

If you want to see some cool historic sights and grew at culture, I recommend Okinawa.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

trip is?

I've never been to Ireland but it's on my list.

As for Scottland, I was in Faslane for a brief period. Great town surround by awesome landscape and sceenery and it has access to trains that can take you to Glasgow. Which is a very old town with lots of history and hole in the wall type bars/restaurants.

JAGS

Hooked
Hawaii

New York

Italy

Ireland

Australia

Edit: also here Indonesia is a cool place to fly in and out of. 😉

Last edited:

Trail JK

Yosemite
Utah
Montana
Alaska
Maui/Kawai
Oregon
Colorado
California
South Africa
China
Vanuatu
Atlantis/Bahamas
Lucerne
Florence
Rome
Paris
Strasbourg
Indonesia
Thailand

trailless

Caught the Bug

I'm partial to Budapest since I instantly fell in love with the city. The architecture there is truly amazing, the nightlife is unique and the cost of living is relatively cheap. The city center on the Pest side is full of people and things to do ranging from shopping to great food and some of the best outdoor and indoor spas you'll find. The Buda side is separated by the Danube river, while not as diverse and rather hilly, it is a great place to ride a rented moped through and also provides some of the best views of the city, the architecture of the aged buildings and the bridges connecting the two. Find a nice overlook at night and it truly is amazing. It really is a city I could see myself living in.

However, you can't beat a train ride through Italy stopping in Genoa, Florence, Venice, and Rome.

Wish you safe travels and have fun!

Last edited:

Kalums

Any where in Japan is Awesome! just remember not to upset the "wa" (not sure that's how you spell it) don't yell for taxies, don't use your cell in an elevator, don't upset your host by not accepting a gift, always be polite to your elders, what we consider "hole in the wall dives" are some of the best places to eat and if you like history there's tons of really interesting places literally everywhere in Japan.

Edit : I personally like Kanagawa. Gorgeous forests, nice ppl, not too expensive.
Edit again : oh and the Kinosaki onsen (hot springs) is amazing also, worth the drive/ride from Kanagawa.

Last edited:

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
Guess it really depends on what you want to do.

My recommendation would be Grand Cayman. Beautiful place, especially if you like the ocean. One of the top 10 places in the world to scuba dive, too. Wasn't yet certified when I went, but I have every intention of going back now that I've got my advanced open water certification complete. You won't find more beautiful water anywhere! :thumb:

Top Bottom