Shop to regear or dealer?

DuneJeepher

Hey guys,

I just installed the RK 2.5 inch lift with some 35s last week.
I have a '14 2 door on 3.21 gears so needless to say...my jeep is performing horrible right now.
I have my superchips flashcal coming in this week to hopefully help with the shift points but ultimately I'm looking to regear to 4.56 or 4.88.

Are there any shops in the south florida area (west palm) that can do this?
Or should I see if my dealer can?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, wish I could help you out with a shop recommendation but, I would recommend that you go 4.88. It will be a better ratio for your 35's and will give you a bit more power without running at too much higher of an RPM at highway speeds.

thardy

Banned
Hey guys,

I just installed the RK 2.5 inch lift with some 35s last week.
I have a '14 2 door on 3.21 gears so needless to say...my jeep is performing horrible right now.
I have my superchips flashcal coming in this week to hopefully help with the shift points but ultimately I'm looking to regear to 4.56 or 4.88.

Are there any shops in the south florida area (west palm) that can do this?
Or should I see if my dealer can?

Thanks!

As Eddie said, go 4.88! Also, I wouldn't recommend going to the dealer, even if they would do it, I couldn't imagine how much that would be. Try PM'ing Fir-na-tine. I know he's a South Florida guy and might be able to point you in the right direction.

DuneJeepher

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm trying to get as close as I can to the stock MPG, would 4.88s make it worse or better?
I drive on the highway a lot and this is my DD so I'm trying not to kill my gas budget lol

BertaNation

I run 35s on 488s.
2015 jku. Auto trans.
3100 rpm@75
2900@70
12-13mpg.
From my understanding there is not a programmer out there yet that can help me w my 2015. But I have been told that guys w 14s are getting 16mpg w the same set up and a programmer.

Jk909

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm trying to get as close as I can to the stock MPG, would 4.88s make it worse or better?
I drive on the highway a lot and this is my DD so I'm trying not to kill my gas budget lol

You lifted a box in the air and put the worst street tires on it lol. Kiss your stock mpg's goodbye. As far as gears go I have 4.88 with 35's and I'm happy.

Top Bottom