Thule AeroBlade Cross Bars & Rhino-Rack XTray Cargo Basket for Our Jeep Renegade

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While Cindy and I were hoping that the first mods for Renny, our new Jeep Renegade would be rocker guards or maybe small lift and bigger tires, the need to carry more cargo had a way of moving it's way to the top of the list. And, after doing a lot of research and looking around to see what's available, we decided to order up Thule AeroBlade EDGE Roof Rack Cross Bars as well as a small Rhino-Rack XTray Roof Top Cargo Basket. Here are a few shots that we took of what they look like as well as what they look like installed.

We ordered up our Thule AeroBlade EDGE Roof Rack Cross Bars (Part #7503B) in black and from the Rack Outfitters. We also ordered them with a set of 4 locks. Here's a shot of what they look like.
main.php

Here are a few overall shots of what they look like installed on our Jeep Renegade.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some shots of the Rhino-Rack XTray Roof Top Cargo Basket that we got all assembled and ready to be mounted to the Thule cross bars.
main.php

Here are a few over all shots of what the Rhino-Rack XTray looks like installed on our Jeep Renegade.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

For those of you who are interested in a set of roof rack cross bars, what I can tell you is that the Thule AeroBlade EDGE bars are super quite. Cindy and I took videos from the inside of our Jeep Renegade before and after the installation of them and when we get a chance to post them up, I think you will see that there really is little to no difference in wind noise even at 75 MPH. We also did a video after installing our Rhino-Rack XTray cargo basket and, while there's no way of getting around it making noise, I think you will find that it really isn't so bad. Certainly, the whole setup is still way more quite than our Jeep Wranglers ever were right from the factory and without any modifications to them.

Overall, we are very happy with the look, sound and function of this setup and will be testing it out on a 3,000 road trip at the end of the month. I will be sure to report how they hold up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rack looks good! Are you taking a road trip to Alaska? Lol

LOL! I wish. We're gonna help Andrew move out west. He's gonna leave most of his stuff behind but still needed a bit more cargo capacity for what he will be bringing with him. :crazyeyes:

Rskitall

I couldn't find the videos of the noise difference with the aero blades. I am not sure whether to get the whisper bars or the aero blades

ctsams@gmail.com

The Rhino Rack Xtray comes in two sizes Small or Large which size is on Renny? The link was good but did not mention the size of the cargo rack?

WJCO

Meme King
The Rhino Rack Xtray comes in two sizes Small or Large which size is on Renny? The link was good but did not mention the size of the cargo rack?

He mentions it twice in that link. Opening paragraph and in comment #8. He also states that he kind of wishes he had got the large one instead. Truthfully, I have a small rack on my WJ and wish now that I had gone with a bigger one.

Untitled.jpg

FireHawk

Anybody know if this Rhino rack will fit with the powered MySky roof? Im interested, but want to be able to still use the powered roof. I don't take the panels off completely very much at all, but I use the roof almost daily.

RedNewt

Bump!

Anybody know if this Rhino rack will fit with the powered MySky roof? Im interested, but want to be able to still use the powered roof. I don't take the panels off completely very much at all, but I use the roof almost daily.

Very interested to know as well. What is the clearance of this setup? Or does anyone know of a higher frame that would suffice?

Top Bottom