Sway bar question

Ant's JK

This has been an ongoing issue, my sway bar links constantly hit my front coil bracket when I hit bumps. Just want to know if this is normal or what needs to be done?

dagdag

Same problem here. Mine is because my springs look like bananas. I'm looking at relocated spring pirches or a new axle / axle housing. I'm temporarily moving the front axle back three eights of an inch.

EDIT: I misread. Mine hit my spring. Not the bracket. Your sway bar links are too long.

Last edited:

Ant's JK

Well with my kit it relocates the rear links to the front and I recently upgraded from 3.5 to 4.5" lift and they still hit.

robertoloco

Make sure their not to short or this will happen.The lenght of the links depends on the height of your lift and if your kit comes with relocation brackets for links (I Think)lol!im pretty sure.maybe.

Attachments

• 1439850859474.jpg
    1439850859474.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 111

robertoloco

I have aev 4.5 lift.It comes with rear sway bar links and you move the dtock rear to the front.They measure approx.9" center of hole to center of hole.I had them installed on the bottom hole of bracket and that is what happened. (Pic above).I would call the manufacturer of your lift and ask them as most lifts are different.

robertoloco

I just bent it sat.It was a brand new link (stock rear).I had it bolted to the bottom hole in bracket.I was told it bent because it was to short.I replaced it with the old one (same lenght) and mounted in the top hole.Hopfully it will be fine.

robertoloco

Same length.9" hole to hole.But by placing it in bottom hole it made it approx.2" shorter.To short . originally it was in the top hole.I moved it to bottom because I thought it would make the sway bar be in a more horizontal position.I was wrong.lol

Ant's JK

Just measured mine it's in the top hole and the link is 9 center to center and it still hits. I'm going to have to contact aev or just get adjustable links. Just a question for you did you replace your driveshaft with the aev 4.5 ?

robertoloco

Just measured mine it's in the top hole and the link is 9 center to center and it still hits. I'm going to have to contact aev or just get adjustable links. Just a question for you did you replace your driveshaft with the aev 4.5 ?

Yes.Front and rear.

Ant's JK

My jeep came from the dealer with the lift and they said they never had an issue like this before they said they will contact aev I hope they can resolve it and when I go over bumps the lift makes a clunking noise

Top Bottom