2015 Grand Cherokee concerns

JKbrick

Went with my wife shopping Saturday. She drove a Grand and a JKUS for comparisons. Very shortly into the JKU drive she eliminated it. Now the Grand has the 3.6 with an 8 sp auto and she will only dd it with the only need for 4wd being getting to work in the winter. She is a paramedic and she just has to get to work. Should I worry about the 3.6 under these conditions? I assume salesmen and soccer moms have mini vans with this engine with up to 200,000 miles on them? My feeling is we hurt the reliability of our engines by running the large tires we do or pushing them off road. It is a price that I am willing to pay but mine is my hobby not a dd. Should we buy the extended power train warranty? The 15s come with a 100,000 power train warranty but the 16s are going back to 60,000. She has 160,000 on her vehicle now, meaning she keeps them for years. Enough pondering

trailless

Caught the Bug
All I can say is that my 3.6 has 25k miles and hasn't missed a beat. I know it's not a lot of miles but it seems to be a great engine. You just have to remember that many people will voice their problems but there are many more that don't have any problems at all.

BTW synthetic oil change every 5k miles with a tire rotation.

Top Bottom