Premium Sunrider Soft Top - Whats the trick?

bonedaddy

I have the Premium Sunrider Soft-top - is there a trick to getting it to fold down "flatter" on the back of the JKU? I know how it folds down, and does it nice and easy, but I cna not seem to get it to laydown more in the back it sits up so high when folded - I know the material is thinker and what not, but I was just wondering if there was a tip or trick to getting it to lay better? want to get one of the Rampage covers for it when wheeling, but there is no way with as high as it sits either of the covers would work - well not for me anyways...

Any insight from the WAL community would be greatly appreciated... :thumb:

Thanks - Donnie

bonedaddy

Its the getting it flat as possible part that i have trouble with... trying to see if there is something I can do while folding it down that would help... especially the header piece that material section sita right on the roll bars in the back... I will have to take a pict and post it...

scull20

I've tried several times to get mine to fold flatter to no avail as well.

I just always use the included Velcro straps to keep the bows secured to themselves and there's been no problems.

My major concern was the top catching the wind on the highway with it not folding flatter...but haven't had any problems (knock on wood).

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Its the getting it flat as possible part that i have trouble with... trying to see if there is something I can do while folding it down that would help... especially the header piece that material section sita right on the roll bars in the back... I will have to take a pict and post it...

I've tried several times to get mine to fold flatter to no avail as well.

I just always use the included Velcro straps to keep the bows secured to themselves and there's been no problems.

My major concern was the top catching the wind on the highway with it not folding flatter...but haven't had any problems (knock on wood).

Sounds like both of you need to consider selling your soft tops. ;)

DMF

I don't have a premium top but I reach in between the folds of the tops material and start pulling it out. The less material between the frame when it's folded will make it sit tighter. Hope that makes sense.

JAGS

Hooked
Undo the two bolt on either bracket and just take the whole top off. Problem solved.

If you want to keep the top down while folded all the way back, take a couple bungies and secure using the two rear tie downs and then around the latches on the header bar.

I honestly doubt you could get the premium top to fit back into the cover/holder like it came in. At least not without wasting a lot of time.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have the Premium Sunrider Soft-top - is there a trick to getting it to fold down "flatter" on the back of the JKU? I know how it folds down, and does it nice and easy, but I cna not seem to get it to laydown more in the back it sits up so high when folded - I know the material is thinker and what not, but I was just wondering if there was a tip or trick to getting it to lay better? want to get one of the Rampage covers for it when wheeling, but there is no way with as high as it sits either of the covers would work - well not for me anyways...

Any insight from the WAL community would be greatly appreciated... :thumb:

Thanks - Donnie

Off topic but is the underside of the factory premium soft top black as well?

Top Bottom