430n rhb repair

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I have the 430n rhb head unit. Everything works fine except the navigation. I wouldn't mind it working but could live without. When I attempt to use the nav, it goes to the main load screen. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439919666.315676.jpg Then after about 20sec the screen goes black. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439919732.624338.jpg Only to go back to same load screen. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know of a reputable place that fixes the stock head units? To buy a new one is not worth it IMO.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Mine has done that a few times. I've fixed it by disconnecting the battery for 15mins, have you tried that?

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I pulled the battery cable now. I will wait a while then plug back in later today. I spent hours trying to download the updated software for the unit. I finally got the software on a disk and put it in the head unit. Well it would down load and then freeze at the end. I would have to pull the fuse to fix it. I mean I would pay to have to unit fixed, I just would not by a new stock head unit. I rather buy a new alpine head unit at that price.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yeah, I pulled the battery cable now. I will wait a while then plug back in later today. I spent hours trying to download the updated software for the unit. I finally got the software on a disk and put it in the head unit. Well it would down load and then freeze at the end. I would have to pull the fuse to fix it. I mean I would pay to have to unit fixed, I just would not by a new stock head unit. I rather buy a new alpine head unit at that price.

Well that sucks to hear. I guess mine is on its way out as well. I guess I'll have to take it in for warranty work. I wonder if my lift and tires will void it. :crazyeyes:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I left the jeep's battery off for house with negative results. Guess if I can't have it fixed, I will wait until I replace it in the future with an alpine head unit. Till then I rather spend my money else where for the jeep.

Top Bottom