Replacement rubber boot on EVO draglink

Can anyone suggest a part number and/or good place to purchase a replacement rubber boot for the EVO draglink?
I checked mine after a week of one-road driving after installing and it looks like it has failed. Not sure if it was torn from the get go or what but grease was all over the place so I pulled it off and could see that it was clearly torn up on the underside of the boot.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Can anyone suggest a part number and/or good place to purchase a replacement rubber boot for the EVO draglink?
I checked mine after a week of one-road driving after installing and it looks like it has failed. Not sure if it was torn from the get go or what but grease was all over the place so I pulled it off and could see that it was clearly torn up on the underside of the boot.

Not sure if this helps but the evo draglink is just a draglink for a RHD jeep. Id imagine a stock one would work the same. Call the dealership for part number maybe?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
It is a right hand drive factory drag link that EVO uses for the flip kit. A factory boot should fit it and you should be able to get one from any auto parts store I would think.

Not sure if this helps but the evo draglink is just a draglink for a RHD jeep. Id imagine a stock one would work the same. Call the dealership for part number maybe?

Interesting, that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind if that's what it comes down to. I was hoping I might be able to just replace the rubber piece as the bar is brand new, literally drove one week with it in, I haven't even had a chance to go off road yet. Seems like a waste to replace the entire thing this soon.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can the rubber boot be purchased separately or is it easier/ do you have to just replace the entire bar?

You should be able to purchase it separately. Go to quadratecs webpage and look under the factory replacement parts section. You should find a rubber boot on there. They sell the mopar labeled one and the crown one. The crown one is cheaper.

You should be able to purchase it separately. Go to quadratecs webpage and look under the factory replacement parts section. You should find a rubber boot on there. They sell the mopar labeled one and the crown one. The crown one is cheaper.

hmm, I'll have to keep checking, I am not seeing them on quadratecs page. Looks like they only sell the complete bar. In all reality, the damn thing isn't all that expensive, so it's not the end of the world to replace. As I said, just a shame that after spending 4k on the kit, I need to replace parts less than a week into it.

8-20-2015 8-49-26 AM.jpg

CrazyLarry

post some pics of your draglink. Your boot most likely ripped because you drilled your hole too big making your tie rod end sit too deep. If thats the case a new boot will just rip again. Better to correct the acutal problem

Top Bottom