Terra Flex spring sag

Bird Dog 36

So I have a 2.5" CS terra flex lift. Running 35" BFG km2's. My jeep is sitting a 1/2" low on the passenger side rear. I contacted Terra Flex, and they said that this is normal:idontknow:, due to the fact that the gas tank is located on the passenger side, and will vary with the amount of fuel I have. Their suggestion was to add a 1/2" spacer on that side.? That may "fix" it when I'm full, but what about when I'm below 1/2 a tank, then I'll site higher on that side? The whole response seems like a lot of BS to me. Has anyone else experienced this, and what was your corrective course of action?

I thought about switching sides on the rear springs to see if the jeep sat the same, or if I have a bad spring, then the jeep would sit low on the driver's side.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the "JK lean" is totally normal and will look pronounced with the addition of a lift.

USMC Wrangler

I noticed this when I first got my Jeep, bone stock. I was at the dealership to pick up some stuff and asked the service manager. He told me it's normal and will be more noticeable with a lift. Then he showed me the same on about 6 other JK/JKU's on the lot. I guess it's just one of those things we live with...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed this when I first got my Jeep, bone stock. I was at the dealership to pick up some stuff and asked the service manager. He told me it's normal and will be more noticeable with a lift. Then he showed me the same on about 6 other JK/JKU's on the lot. I guess it's just one of those things we live with...

You can help compensate for the lean by installing adjustable sway bar links and purposefully setting the passenger side ones longer. It's not a perfect fix but it does help.

Bird Dog 36

Thanks for the replies. If I get a wild hair up my biscuit and can find some dead time, I'll swap the rear springs with each other and see what happens.

I'll post my results.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the replies. If I get a wild hair up my biscuit and can find some dead time, I'll swap the rear springs with each other and see what happens.

I'll post my results.

I guarantee that it won't make a difference but, if you're into proving things for yourself, by all means, please do.

Zstairlessone

A full tank is like having a (slightly heavier than) 210 pound passenger on board because the tank is not across the frame. Doesn't matter what you do it will change lean as you burn gas. As long as you are ok with the time involved with changing springs - why not just carry some weights in the back and every 15 miles or so pull over and slide a 7 pounder from the drivers side to the passenger side? No more lean and you don't have to keep climbing under to swap springs between full and empty. :eek:

Top Bottom