sunrider material

Jmjnewbold

So, I have a 2015 JK willys edition with the premium sunrider soft top. I am trying to find out what material the top is made out of so I can get a good cleaner. Mopar offers one for vinyl and fabric. The parts guys and service writers at my dealer don't seem to know which material my top is made out of. Doing a quick google search doesn't help much either as the mopar replacement part says, " The Soft Top is made of either a tough, vinyl-coated cotton/poly blend or the new premium acrylic fabric providing thicker four-ply, tight, quieter ride." Talk about no help at all. Can you guys help me out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have fabric, you will know it as it literally looks and feels like fabric. If you have the older style top, it will look and feel more like vinyl.

Jmjnewbold

If you have fabric, you will know it as it literally looks and feels like fabric. If you have the older style top, it will look and feel more like vinyl.

I don't mean to sound really dumb, but I never owned a jeep or a convertible for that matter. When you say feels like fabric, do you mean it should feel like the seats in my jeep? Would you happen to have a photo or two that would show the difference?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mean to sound really dumb, but I never owned a jeep or a convertible for that matter. When you say feels like fabric, do you mean it should feel like the seats in my jeep? Would you happen to have a photo or two that would show the difference?

The twill top literally feels like something you would wear. Like a pair of heavy duty khaki pants or something along those lines. The old style diamond top feels like plastic and gets stiff in the cold.

ITLL GO

The twill top literally feels like something you would wear. Like a pair of heavy duty khaki pants or something along those lines. The old style diamond top feels like plastic and gets stiff in the cold.

I could use some sweet jeep twill pants! That would be some tuff stuff

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ That would be awesome! Some nice button up cargo pants or, better yet, overlander zip out lower leg pants made out of a Jeep top with the trail rated badge for buttons.

Edit: time to apply for a patent and get a licensing agreement from Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
^^ That would be awesome! Some nice button up cargo pants or, better yet, overlander zip out lower leg pants made out of a Jeep top with the trail rated badge for buttons.

:cheesy:...........

ITLL GO

Haha good luck with that! Better off to make them with the JK or WOL licensing. Or coveralls would be sweet. Pretty "green" to recycle the old tops... Hmmmm wheels turning

JakeJK

So, I have a 2015 JK willys edition with the premium sunrider soft top. I am trying to find out what material the top is made out of so I can get a good cleaner. Mopar offers one for vinyl and fabric. The parts guys and service writers at my dealer don't seem to know which material my top is made out of. Doing a quick google search doesn't help much either as the mopar replacement part says, " The Soft Top is made of either a tough, vinyl-coated cotton/poly blend or the new premium acrylic fabric providing thicker four-ply, tight, quieter ride." Talk about no help at all. Can you guys help me out?

If you still have the window sticker I bet it'll tell you, I can imagine the vinyl costs less than the twill one though so compare prices off your window sticker. Vinyl feels almost like plastic the more expensive one is soft

Edit: you already know what kind you have my bad

Last edited:

chipper

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440203501.948348.jpg
This is what I use. I have the Fabric premium soft top. This stuff will work for both. They also have a waterproofer I use as well

chipper

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440224944.899283.jpg
I got mine at Napa I've seen it at Walmart also. Most boat supply store should have it also. Looks like the waterproofer might be for fabric though. You'll have to check into it. Good stuff

Rccrwlr

Do you have a close up picture? Pictures worth a 1k words

Favorite post of the day^^^^^

Top Bottom