Project-JK Valley of Fire Logandale Jeep Trails

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have in-laws that live in Henderson, Nevada, and so as you can imagine, I get to spend a lot of time out in the Las Vegas area. And, while I have always known about the Valley of Fire and some of the trails that exist back there, Ive never had a chance to check any of them out or at least not until recently. Now, while there is no off-roading allowed within the boundaries of the Valley of Fire State Park, there is a large area located on the outskirts of the park near to the north shores of Lake Mead and to the town of Logandale. This area contains a large network of OHV trails and is specifically known as the Logandale Trails. Of the trails that are designated for Jeeps, the Shitter, Rock Bottom, Hawkins, Bowl, Matterhorn, Arockalpse are the most popular and most of these have tough optional side routes that you can try out such as the infamous S-Turn. Of course, in addition to the great off roading you can do, the scenery is simply to die for and if youre willing to do some exploring on foot, there are some beautiful springs and petroglpyhs that you can hike up to as well.

For Presidents Day Weekend 2009, my family and I decided to spend a few nights in Overton, NV and wheel as much of the Logandale Trails as we could. Fortunately for us, we were able to convince few members from JK-Forum.com to join us and, for the most part, nobody had any problems on the trails that we decided to run.

Elarage

Hello I've just got 06 rubicon unlimited would any one recommend going to logandale trail alone or is challenging trail require go with somebody else expert in that trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello I've just got 06 rubicon unlimited would any one recommend going to logandale trail alone or is challenging trail require go with somebody else expert in that trail

There are easy trails and really hard trails out there. Even if your Jeep is well built, I wouldn't do the really hard ones by yourself.

Ring of fire

HAHA I couldn't stop laughing after the shot of the toilet at the end of the video it reminds me of the town I grow up in Alice Springs.
the things you would see in a public rest room would really make you thing what people eat............

ON another note Awesome video Eddie also its a shame you didn't do JKX 2015 it wasn't the some with out you and Cindy.

Top Bottom