Death Wobble/Evo DragLF?

JRied

Here is my issue. Got my jeep back from dealership after 3 tries and 44 cumulative days to fix an oil leak. Driving today about 40mph and hit a cpl small holes that usually my jeep would eat alive and continue Being the beast she is. Not today however, insane death wobble, never have I experienced this, thought my tires were gonna snap off the axle. I slow to a stop, wipe my ass and keep driving and it's smooth again. Hit a small bump and it's back. Got to my house and checked all bolts and they were tight, went ahead with torque wrench and all was good. Turned my wheels to look for play in the trac bar bolts and didn't see any but I did see my evo drag link bracket that holds the axle side of trac bar flexing as I turned. Is this normal? Or is that my issue? I'm assuming while my jeep was suspended for over a month that the mechanics didn't loosen my trac bar bolts. All advice is appreciated guys, even yours overlander

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Something is loose. I little flex in bracketry is OK, but it should be loose. Is the u-bolt tight? You say drag link bracket, however, I assume you mean the track bar bracket?

How about any vertical play in the TREs on the drag link or tie rod?

JRied

Something is loose. I little flex in bracketry is OK, but it should be loose. Is the u-bolt tight? You say drag link bracket, however, I assume you mean the track bar bracket?

How about any vertical play in the TREs on the drag link or tie rod?

Yes sorry trac bar bracket. U- bolt is tight and any tighter and I'm afraid I'll snap it. Forgive my noobness but what is TRE?

JRied

PS I do have a ripped boot on drag link that connects to pitman. Was planning to buy replacement on Monday. Whole TRE not just the boot

Top Bottom