Curious about jk purchasing

Oleary_outdoor

Hello everyone

Looking to buying a jk and trading in my 11 silverado
I know the 3.6 is an powerhouse in the wrangler world but wondering
If id be disapointed with a older 3.8

Would like to do camping/fishing/hunting trips in the future but will do mainly city driving.
I want 33's , winch and roof rack other than that i dont think ill do much else.

Input is appreciated.

Jk909

If you buy an ad special from the Sunday paper you can get a new jk for the same price as a used one. I paid 23k for mine. A decent used one is in the same ball park.

Another thing to consider is that you are getting rid of your Silverado which I would assume is a 4.7 or 5.3 so a v6 isn't going to impress you. I would consider the 3.6 as your only option.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hello everyone

Looking to buying a jk and trading in my 11 silverado
I know the 3.6 is an powerhouse in the wrangler world but wondering
If id be disapointed with a older 3.8

Would like to do camping/fishing/hunting trips in the future but will do mainly city driving.
I want 33's , winch and roof rack other than that i dont think ill do much else.

Input is appreciated.

I have both and the 3.6 is better in power and the 5 speed auto with tap shift is a much smoother transmission.

My 3.8 does fine but IMO the jump from 3rd to OD is too big a jump making OD basically worthless except on the flats and down hill. I find myself locking out OD most the time - I've also found that I often get better mileage in 3rd with OD locked out as the transmission is not in a state of lag most the time.

the 3.8 is a 2010 with 37's, 4.88's and other mods, the 2015 is stock but even when the 2010 was stock I could tell 3rd to OD was not a smooth transition.

Top Bottom