stupid argument i had earlier today!

Wethy

so earlier tonight i was talking with a buddy of mines father. we got into an argument about who would win in a race his son or i. both jeeps are nearly identical.
2011 2dr sport 2014 2dr sport
3.8 .................... . . .3.6
3.21 ................... ....3.73
255/75/17 bfgs.......255/75/17 SR-a's

he tried to tell me that his jeep even with the older motor his would beat mine in a straight line to top speed. i told him there was no way in hell based on the fact that i have deeper gears than his son and more hp and torque.
the son is actually my best bud and one the guy who introduced me to the jk's haha
now i wanna know what y'all think. just to confirm i was indeed right. if i am right!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
so earlier tonight i was talking with a buddy of mines father. we got into an argument about who would win in a race his son or i. both jeeps are nearly identical.

he tried to tell me that his jeep even with the older motor his would beat mine in a straight line to top speed. i told him there was no way in hell based on the fact that i have deeper gears than his son and more hp and torque.
the son is actually my best bud and one the guy who introduced me to the jk's haha
now i wanna know what y'all think. just to confirm i was indeed right. if i am right!

I've never driven a 3.8, but from everything that I have heard, you'd smoke em in the 2014! :thumb:

Wethy

thats what i thought. even if it were the same motor the 3.73s would give better acceleration due to it being the same size tire and a deeper gears adjust the rpms to provide better "power" to the drive wheels, correct?

Wethy

Here, this video should shut him up....

:bleh:

ha ha ha ha awesome! and yup thats what i figured would happen!. im guessing the Mojave is just an appearance pacakage and that both would have the 3.21's so correct me if im wrong. but i knew i was right!

Edit: nope looked it up, the auto mojave's had a 3.73
so now im curious if it was the other way around :p
still 3.6 FTW

BDSJEEP

After all is said and done, it all boils down to POWER/WEIGHT ratio. And your 2014 clearly has the advantage. The deeper gearing is also going to allow you to 'get to' and 'remain in' your power band ( the sweet spot where your engine is the most efficient) more quickly. You should beat him no contest. But don't rub it in too badly... ;)

Top Bottom