Superchips Traildash Questions

PB's-12JKU

I have some questions about Superchips Traildash and was hoping someone can answer them for me. I know the Traildash plugs into the obd2 for programming and data pulling and stays in.

1. Does it power on as soon as you plug it into the obd2 port like some obd2 readers, and if so do you have to power it off everytime or is it controlled by the key switch?

2. Does the unit have to be pluged in before starting the Jeep or is it Plug-N-Go?

3. If I visit a place that warns about car break-ins, can I leave it home and still drive with the last program settings or does it return to stock?

Thanks

OJK12

I had a trail dash in my '12 and can tell you it powers up as soon as you plug it into the OBD2 port and will ask you to turn the key to ignition once it's ready to start the download. It is powered up and down by the keyed ignition so once you hit the key it starts to boot up but is does take a minute or so to be fully ready every time. As far as leaving it in the jeep I always left mine in the jeep and always hooked up but I would take it out from time to time to do a download but i never actually tried to drive my jeep without it so I can't say. It would most likely not revert back to stock because even though it's always connected to the jeep switching programs or reverting back to stock or using the crawl tune (worthless in my opinion) all still takes the same amount of time and key on key off sequences as a typical handheld programmer. I'll be honest I bought mine specifically for the crawl tune as I had a standard at the time and I thought it would really be the cats ass, but ultimately I sold it and just bought a flashcal. I was disappointed with it as a whole. Don't get me wrong it was pretty cool customizing the gauge background, picking out gauges I wanted to use and having that touch screen with all the different screens and buttons but I just didn't feel it was really worth the extra $150 over a regular programmer. I figured uploading tunes would be much faster since it was constantly hooked up and that I would use all those cool features they advertise but the reality of it was I just didn't and the one thing I was looking forward to about it was a HUGE letdown. If that's what you want and your big into tech stuff you may still want it and truly enjoy it but I have a hard time aiding in the sale of them. Don't get me wrong I love Superchips stuff and I do currently have their flashcal I just am not impressed with the trail dash for the money and how much you do actually use it. That's just my opinion and take it as that an opinion.

Kumar

The Traildash does not have to be left connected. I don't leave the display in most of the time because I don't want it stolen. Once you program for ecu it will not change until you reprogram it.

Wardell

If you're not in a rush, they're coming out with the TD2 at the end of the month. There doesn't look to be a lot of functionality changes, but it has a bigger screen and a lot more built in user customization options over the original. Could be worth holding off just to see if it interests you.

http://superchips.com/td2/

Top Bottom