Painless Trail Rocker Reviews

LasVegasJK

Has anybody installed this equipment yet?
Was installation as easy as advertised?
I'm curious about how many accessories you can wire into one single lead. Specifically, would one output lead handle 12 rock lights?(lux 3watt LEDs)
I definitely want to have a wiring solution in place before I start adding accessories.
I'm not sure I like the overhead switch location of that other company, so I'm leaning towards the Painless.

Has anybody installed this equipment yet?
Was installation as easy as advertised?
I'm curious about how many accessories you can wire into one single lead. Specifically, would one output lead handle 12 rock lights?(lux 3watt LEDs)
I definitely want to have a wiring solution in place before I start adding accessories.
I'm not sure I like the overhead switch location of that other company, so I'm leaning towards the Painless.

Hi LasVegasJK,

Have you checked out the installation manual yet? It really does demonstrate just how easy it is to install. You can view it here: http://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/57000.pdf

With those Lux LEDs only being 3 Watt, the output wire on the Trail Rocker would have no problem handling that amperage through one circuit.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I so want one of these. Any updates yet on compatibility with the genesis dual battery system? Here is a second version of the same question. Based on what you (Painless) of the dual battery system, do you expect that making the current trail rocker system work with the genesis will just be a matter of changing out the Painless metal mounting plate? (If so, I might be inclined to order the Painless system soon and then just buy a new mounting plate when I go dual batteries.)

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Now can I buy the kit but with out the rockets and the rocker plate or is it all sold together? I already have a panel and rockers from day star but I just need the relay box and wiring.

I so want one of these. Any updates yet on compatibility with the genesis dual battery system? Here is a second version of the same question. Based on what you (Painless) of the dual battery system, do you expect that making the current trail rocker system work with the genesis will just be a matter of changing out the Painless metal mounting plate? (If so, I might be inclined to order the Painless system soon and then just buy a new mounting plate when I go dual batteries.)

We sent Shane at Genesis a Trail Rocker and he was coming up with a bracket for us. As of last Wednesday, he said he was planning on getting started over the weekend, so hopefully we will hear an update soon.

And yes, the only thing that would need to be changed would be the metal mounting plate on the bottom of the Relay Center box.

Now can I buy the kit but with out the rockets and the rocker plate or is it all sold together? I already have a panel and rockers from day star but I just need the relay box and wiring.

We just finished up the production paperwork for our JK kit without switches or a switch panel, so it will be coming soon. We will be knocking out the installation manual today, then I will get an ETA update and let you know when we will have them ready for you guys.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Painless,

On my old Willys I ran the wireless RF controller (steering wheel horn controller) Any chance you will have a wireless version ?

Painless,

On my old Willys I ran the wireless RF controller (steering wheel horn controller) Any chance you will have a wireless version ?

With it being a new line, we are considering all options moving forward. However, our main focus at this point is bringing a high quality, cost effective, and rugged product to the Jeep guys. We are focusing on expanding our line of hard-wired options to more Jeeps and other makes and models. We are also working hard to bring options with fewer relays for those who are just planning to run a light bar or two and don't need 8 total relays and fuses.

Every time I see interest like yours in a wireless option, I will forward the information to our engineering team. :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
With it being a new line, we are considering all options moving forward. However, our main focus at this point is bringing a high quality, cost effective, and rugged product to the Jeep guys. We are focusing on expanding our line of hard-wired options to more Jeeps and other makes and models. We are also working hard to bring options with fewer relays for those who are just planning to run a light bar or two and don't need 8 total relays and fuses.

Every time I see interest like yours in a wireless option, I will forward the information to our engineering team. :thumb:

Thanks for the quick response. I was a complete newbie when it came to wiring it. Your tech support was great and walking me the process. I can't imagine how annoying I was!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We sent Shane at Genesis a Trail Rocker and he was coming up with a bracket for us. As of last Wednesday, he said he was planning on getting started over the weekend, so hopefully we will hear an update soon.

And yes, the only thing that would need to be changed would be the metal mounting plate on the bottom of the Relay Center box.

We just finished up the production paperwork for our JK kit without switches or a switch panel, so it will be coming soon. We will be knocking out the installation manual today, then I will get an ETA update and let you know when we will have them ready for you guys.

All good news. Thanks for the speedy reply.

sheepdog02

This just showed up today and i installed it already

Just arrived today and already installed. Install was pretty easy even for someone who is mechanically challenged. Now i just need to find the bolts to wire up my 10 inch rigid to the bumper.

IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg

How many switched accessories will the module only model support?

Thanks!

The Trail Rocker Relay Center will have the same 8 fuses and 8 relays of the Trail Rocker with the switch panel. This means you will have a total of 8 output wires, so you can power a minimum of 8 accessories. Some LED setups are very low wattage, so you will have the ability to "daisy chain" or run multiple lights on one circuit, depending on the amperage of the circuits.

Just arrived today and already installed. Install was pretty easy even for someone who is mechanically challenged. Now i just need to find the bolts to wire up my 10 inch rigid to the bumper.

Glad the install went easy for you!

Last edited:

JCDriller

The Trail Rocker Relay Center will have the same 8 fuses and 8 relays of the Trail Rocker with the switch panel. This means you will have a total of 8 output wires, so you can power a minimum of 8 accessories. Some LED setups are very low wattage, so you will have the ability to "daisy chain" or run multiple lights on one circuit, depending on the amperage of the circuits.

Hey Painless, I know NR4x4 said they were going to start selling your product, but it isn't showing up on their site. I'm sure I can call, but you guys are missing out on business, get those guys in line!

BitBucket

Hey Painless, I know NR4x4 said they were going to start selling your product, but it isn't showing up on their site. I'm sure I can call, but you guys are missing out on business, get those guys in line!

What he said, just went to NR4x4 myself looking for the Painless 57000 :eek:

sheepdog02

Thanks. One question i did have is if your accessory comes with a fuse (say a 10 amp), should you replace the fuse for that particular switch (remove the 30amp and add the 10amp)?

Thanks. One question i did have is if your accessory comes with a fuse (say a 10 amp), should you replace the fuse for that particular switch (remove the 30amp and add the 10amp)?

That wouldn't be an issue lowering the amperage of the fuse. It just is never a good idea to increase the fuse size.

Thirdcoastborn

Painless, will be be able to run the arb compressor through the trail rocker module only version? What will be the max amp per circuit and total???

Thanks!

Painless, will be be able to run the arb compressor through the trail rocker module only version? What will be the max amp per circuit and total???

Thanks!

The Trail Rocker Relay Center only will be the exact same setup, just without the switches/panel included.

So you will get the same 8 30 amp relays and 8 30 amp fuses. Depending on which ARB compressor you are running, it may or may not handle it.

Here is a link to their models and the current you can expect: http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/PDF/compressorTechnicalSpecifications.pdf

Top Bottom