Need Help Fast! PR44u + EVO MFG Coilover install

devwil68

I am in the process of installing the EVO bolt in Coilover Kit with my Dynatrac PR44 front axle and have run into a challenge with the lower front shock brackets. I don't honk they are aligning properly or do I even need them?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440361357.668481.jpg

utiadam

LOSER
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440361939.456955.jpg
This isn't on a pr44 but the short side of the bracket goes to the front and that's where the coilovers bolt to

utiadam

LOSER
Also you need to remove that bracket with the brake line on it because the lower mounts use that hole

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not sure that you are supposed to even use the bracket with a PR44. I'd check before you start drilling holes in the bracket or you may be paying to have a new bracket welded on your axle.

devwil68

But if you do a conversion from shocks and springs to coilovers, wouldn't the pr44 setup be designed for a stick location?

Buster3479

My unlimited axle already spaces them somewhat outboard (I forgot the exact number of inches) to account for a lifted suspension. It works with spring and shock set ups just fine, and I've always been hoping it will be enough to not require brackets with coilovers some day.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Yup, my unlimited housing already had the shock mounts positioned outboard. No additional brackets should be necessary for regular shocks or coilovers with reference to the lower shock mount.

devwil68

Called EVO this morning:

They asked if I had the unlimited PR or the regular, and with having the PR44u, they said the provided brackets within the kit are not necessary and I can use the Dynatrac bottom shock brackets with the coilovers.

Now to just button everything up!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Called EVO this morning:

They asked if I had the unlimited PR or the regular, and with having the PR44u, they said the provided brackets within the kit are not necessary and I can use the Dynatrac bottom shock brackets with the coilovers.

Now to just button everything up!

I assume then that with the standard you need to use the provided brackets.

Top Bottom