Orfab tire carrier

metalic

I just started a thread about the genright thinking about it but after cozdude stating some of you guys running the orfab I'm thinking about going back to my original plan. I currently run 35's planning on going 37's next. I have been looking at the orfab for a long time and thought it will do what I want but my only concern was hitting it and doing body damage which is why I was looking at the genright. I wheel the Midwest and not to many ledges around but there's some. The biggest thing I have is dropping down a hill to go right back up and I drag my hitch. Any insight would be much appreciated.

mackey

I had the OR Fab tire carrier on my old JK. I was running 37 BFG KM2. I liked the carrier. It was easy to use. After a couple of hard wheeling trips, I noticed the tire carrier sagged a good couple of inches. I contacted OR Fab. The walked me through how to adjust it. I adjusted it all the way it allowed, but it still sagged about an inch. When I mean sag, I mean it wouldn't line up with the other end when trying to close it. I had to manually lift it up so it would align properly and close. Not a big deal though. Absolutely no rattling. Liked having gas cans attached to it. Also holds a hi lift jack.

t8er

Same thing as what Mackey is talking about. Personally I'd look at the genright, EVO or crawler concepts carriers and add some rotopaxs to it. One of my buddies out here runs the ORFAB with rotopaxs and not jerry cans and it seems to line up better. I'll add the sagging is worse once both jerry cans are full, hi lift is on and I'm running a 37x13.50" mud grappler.

Top Bottom