Need head unit suggestions

TNuggs13

So today I work they hooked me up with audio stuff that's been sitting around. Kicker speakers and amps with all the cables. Now all I need is a new head unit but not sure what's good. I'm looking to get suggestions on a good unit and price. Not looking to break the bank but since I saved quite a bit on everything else I'm a little more open to something at a higher price. Thanks everyone!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Why not look for a factory unit with Nav. Otherwise I like the pioneer and alpine double DIN units. You can get them with and without NAV.

Arizona

There was a guy selling a factory indash a couple days ago. I think his thread way hijacked though, he was overrun by us bidding on a bag of chips.

JeepJeep75

There is a company that makes a dock for an iPad mini that fits a double-din size opening like in our jeeps. If you search online for "iPad dock in car" it'll come right up. With an iPad you can have tons of music, streaming, navigation (that's pretty decent compared to most factory units), and texting provided you get one with cellular connection. All in a sleek, removable unit. Just something to think about.

TNuggs13

There is a company that makes a dock for an iPad mini that fits a double-din size opening like in our jeeps. If you search online for "iPad dock in car" it'll come right up. With an iPad you can have tons of music, streaming, navigation (that's pretty decent compared to most factory units), and texting provided you get one with cellular connection. All in a sleek, removable unit. Just something to think about.

I've seen a few of those. Cool idea but not sure that's the way I'd want to go. I would be too worried the iPad would disappear or the heat would ruin it. Good suggestion though!

Hot94Z28

I like to know how to change the flash screen on mine, so it says Jeep instead of Chrysler. I got mine off eBay I think it's a 430 non nav.

09blackruby

Anyone here use this Kenwood?

View attachment 161668

My wife does have this head unit in her CRV. Although it's not in the jeep, I have played around with it. It's cool if your looking for a touch screen double din unit. It provided blue tooth (for her phone) which the CRV didn't have, the reason for the upgrade. I'm sure it does a bunch of things that I'll never use. I think it's a good deal for that price. I paid a bit more a couple years ago.

TNuggs13

$220 + on Amazon

Yeah I checked Amazon after I saw it on this site. Much better deal there.

My wife does have this head unit in her CRV. Although it's not in the jeep, I have played around with it. It's cool if your looking for a touch screen double din unit. It provided blue tooth (for her phone) which the CRV didn't have, the reason for the upgrade. I'm sure it does a bunch of things that I'll never use. I think it's a good deal for that price. I paid a bit more a couple years ago.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not too concerned with getting Nav and it seems like this one had everything I would want. Does the build quality seem good? I also want something that will last a good while.

09blackruby

Yeah I checked Amazon after I saw it on this site. Much better deal there.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not too concerned with getting Nav and it seems like this one had everything I would want. Does the build quality seem good? I also want something that will last a good while.

We've had it for a couple years and haven't had any issues with it. I also have 2 kids that play around with it and the've yet to break it. 😀

Saharacon

Don't use Kenwood they are crap. I installed car audio and competed in bass boxing and iDBm. Won a few trophies and 1st stock hatch back.

Pioneer is a great brand to look at Eq options are nice and most work with Andriod platforms as well as apple.

Really the kind of head unit you need depends on your general radio using.

Do you use app radios alot ie pandora, spotify? Or do you use your I pod playlist often?

dillard09

Glad this thread came up. I too am looking for a new headunit to replace my dated Eclipse. I was leaning towards the Pioneer avic 7100 or 8100. Any input?
Will be subscribed to hear what people think.

JakeJK

Don't use Kenwood they are crap. I installed car audio and competed in bass boxing and iDBm. Won a few trophies and 1st stock hatch back.

Pioneer is a great brand to look at Eq options are nice and most work with Andriod platforms as well as apple.

Really the kind of head unit you need depends on your general radio using.

Do you use app radios alot ie pandora, spotify? Or do you use your I pod playlist often?

Lmao pioneer fanboy. Give me any proof that kenwood is crap.

Saharacon

Lmao pioneer fanboy. Give me any proof that kenwood is crap.

Fanboy? More like I've used every thing over the years and have a taste for what actually holds up. Kenwood internals fail all the time are you really telling me they dont? Please do explain to me why exactly they sell them for such a lower rate than most other top quality brands do. Alpine is also a great brand.

None the less I've seen multiple Kenwoods burn out when pushed to there max rms rating. Internal amp connections are just made out of cheap solder or something. You'll have even more problems if your jeeps in a high heat environment.

But hey what's the need for the hostility I gave my opinion. These forums go to shit fast because of members like you

Top Bottom