Rock krawler 1.5 stock mod

Rodeo_jk

Anyone running the rk 1.5 stock mod on a 2 dr? How does it ride? How does it look? How much lift did you actually get?

JakeJK

Anyone running the rk 1.5 stock mod on a 2 dr? How does it ride? How does it look? How much lift did you actually get?

I have the 2.5 stock mod on my 2 door and got a little over 3 inches. My lift uses the same coils as the 1.5 JKU stock mod kit, mine rides very well comparable to stock. I have bilstein 5100s paired with it and love it. I like the look of mine without 35s and I'll like it even more when I can get those. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440525530.924100.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440525560.777985.jpg

Edit: RK doesn't make a 1.5 inch stock mod for a 2 door, they do rather use the JKU 1.5 inch lift coils though.

I bought my stock mod with bilsteins from northridge.

Last edited:

JakeJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440525808.519143.jpg

There's the rear lifted and the front stock, the front gets about 3.5 inches, I meant to measure it but totally forgot

Rodeo_jk

Also, aside from the shocks did you have to buy any other parts with it? Does it steer ok? What do the brake lines and driveshaft look like when flexed?

JakeJK

Looks good man, hows the ride? And i was gonna get the jku 1.5 kit with the triple rate coils

The JKU 1.5 kit is the exact same thing as the jk 2.5 kit, the only difference is the weight for the JKU pushes down the coils more, and honestly if the ride is any worse I couldn't notice it it rides almost the exact same to me. I'm sure it can't be as good as the EVO plush rides but it's comfortable and does its job well.

JakeJK

Also, aside from the shocks did you have to buy any other parts with it? Does it steer ok? What do the brake lines and driveshaft look like when flexed?

I should take some pics of those, i haven't yet I also didn't get bumpstops yet because I'm broke so I didn't want to flex it too bad, but if you order the kit from northridge it comes with bumpstops other than that there there was nothing else you needed. It steers well still, especially with my stock tires I expect to see a little difference when I put 35x12.5s but hopefully not much.

Rodeo_jk

The JKU 1.5 kit is the exact same thing as the jk 2.5 kit, the only difference is the weight for the JKU pushes down the coils more, and honestly if the ride is any worse I couldn't notice it it rides almost the exact same to me. I'm sure it can't be as good as the EVO plush rides but it's comfortable and does its job well.

I head that the jku 1.5 stock mod will give 2.5 to 3 inches on a 2 door but the jk 2.5 stock mod typically nets 3.5 to 4 inches. Thats why i was looking at the 1.5 kit but i suppose i could always call rk to confirm

JakeJK

I head that the jku 1.5 stock mod will give 2.5 to 3 inches on a 2 door but the jk 2.5 stock mod typically nets 3.5 to 4 inches. Thats why i was looking at the 1.5 kit but i suppose i could always call rk to confirm

Hmmm, maybe that's why northridge gives the 1.5 RK JKU coils when they sell a 2.5 inch RK lift, find that out if you can that's interesting. I know I have the JKU 1.5 inch coils and have over 3 up front, I think. I need to measure

Rodeo_jk

Hmmm, maybe that's why northridge gives the 1.5 RK JKU coils when they sell a 2.5 inch RK lift, find that out if you can that's interesting. I know I have the JKU 1.5 inch coils and have over 3 up front, I think. I need to measure

I was just looking on northridge too haha, i think thats it.

Rodeo_jk

http://www.northridge4x4.com/rock-k...stem-kit-w-bilstein-shocks-2-door-jk25sm-2kit

This is the one I got. It netted more up front than the rear but i don't think it was 4 inches i opted not to get the spring retainers, the coil realignment wedges or whatever it is, or the bumpstops but that kit has everything you need to get it lifted for sure.

Im trying to keep my lift budget around 600-650 max since thats what my bonus will be around here in the fall lol. Im thinking i can get the 1.5 stock mod kit and just use some teraflex shock extensions and maybe some brake line drop brackets to get by for awhile. Ive already got brand new rubicon shocks so i think theyll work ok, and i think my 32 inch bfg mts should look ok with the kit, maybe ill get some wheel spacers too along the way.

JakeJK

Im trying to keep my lift budget around 600-650 max since thats what my bonus will be around here in the fall lol. Im thinking i can get the 1.5 stock mod kit and just use some teraflex shock extensions and maybe some brake line drop brackets to get by for awhile. Ive already got brand new rubicon shocks so i think theyll work ok, and i think my 32 inch bfg mts should look ok with the kit, maybe ill get some wheel spacers too along the way.

Yeah I didn't even get brake line extensions, I got my kit for 675 for just coils, track bar, and shocks, and rear relocation bracket.

I think the shock extensions would work as well I just wanted something that I wouldn't have to upgrade for a while. I still need bumpstops though haha

Rodeo_jk

Yeah I didn't even get brake line extensions, I got my kit for 675 for just coils, track bar, and shocks, and rear relocation bracket.

I think the shock extensions would work as well I just wanted something that I wouldn't have to upgrade for a while. I still need bumpstops though haha

I think i can get away without the bumpstops on stock tires, but the brake line drops might be necessary since i have disconnects up front already

JakeJK

I think i can get away without the bumpstops on stock tires, but the brake line drops might be necessary since i have disconnects up front already

Are your front disconnects adjustable? If so you could take those off of the kit northridge sells and save you about 100 bucks.

All you really need is coils, brake line drops, shock extensions, front track bar, and rear track bar bracket. Id call northridge and ask them how much did those things. Mine was 675 but I got shocks and quick disconnects. That stuff alone is about 400 bucks

Rodeo_jk

Also, do you have any vibrations from the front driveshaft? Or any clearance issues on the crossover pipe

Rodeo_jk

Are your front disconnects adjustable? If so you could take those off of the kit northridge sells and save you about 100 bucks.

All you really need is coils, brake line drops, shock extensions, front track bar, and rear track bar bracket. Id call northridge and ask them how much did those things. Mine was 675 but I got shocks and quick disconnects. That stuff alone is about 400 bucks

Yeah i got jks adjustable ones. My jeep is lifted about 1.5 or so inches right now with a rubi unlimited 18/59 spring swap but i want something a little taller with progressive coils, i think the discos should stretch out enough to work, that should save me some coin.

Rodeo_jk

675 sounds like a killer deal with shocks

Top Bottom