So what is the first modification you did to your stock jeep

NightFox915

I just bought my first JKU on June 26 2015 and it came with rims and tires already on them, what is a good investment to start on your jeep as in modifications to hit the trails beginner to easy level then medium as experience builds on. IMG_0397.jpg

thardy

Banned
I just bought my first JKU on June 26 2015 and it came with rims and tires already on them, what is a good investment to start on your jeep as in modifications to hit the trails beginner to easy level then medium as experience builds on. View attachment 161705

Based on what I see in the picture, first thing I would suggest would be a fender and bumper chop! Money wise, I would go with rock sliders and c-gussets.

I love the Truck-Lites, but they're not needed to get on the trail. Though they are a mod I would highly suggest.

NightFox915

Based on what I see in the picture, first thing I would suggest would be a fender and bumper chop! Money wise, I would go with rock sliders and c-gussets.

I love the Truck-Lites, but they're not needed to get on the trail. Though they are a mod I would highly suggest.

yeah i was looking into the poison spyder rock sliders

Last edited:

Jackal01

It may not directly affect going offroad but I cannot stand how dim factory headlights are. So for me, being able to see better on and off road was a no brainer. Granted tons of drivers get by just fine without TLs but...why not upgrade? :yup:

With that that said I agree with thardy and suggest C gussets and some trimming.

NightFox915

It may not directly affect going offroad but I cannot stand how dim factory headlights are. So for me, being able to see better on and off road was a no brainer. Granted tons of drivers get by just fine without TLs but...why not upgrade? :yup:

With that that said I agree with thardy and suggest C gussets and some trimming.

i was just checking out the comparisons on youtube and they do make a big difference lol i sometimes have to drive with the fog lights on so yes i agree first big step to buy the truck lites

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you! Looking at your Jeep, rocker guards and a rear tow point if you don't already have one should be first on your list.

T&ERun

LOSER
I agree with the rock sliders and rear tow point. Also get a good snatch strap and a couple of good d rings. As for the rock sliders, do it right the first time and get good quality sliders. It's hard to beat weld on EVO sliders. Bolt on is ok too, just make sure it's a good brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BDSJEEP

I just bought my first JKU on June 26 2015 and it came with rims and tires already on them, what is a good investment to start on your jeep as in modifications to hit the trails beginner to easy level then medium as experience builds on. View attachment 161705

I too just got my first brand new JKU ( so take that also as I don't have the experience these guys do, but...)

My first mod was to add exhaust - cuz stock was just too darn quiet. :yup:

Then, and solely because of my lack of experience, the next mod (for me!) is to install a full ProTek Skid System - because I'm pretty sure it may take me quite a few bad lines to discover what the good ones look like! :crazyeyes:

But this is just my OWN line of thinking... take it as the unexperienced grain of salt that it is. :D

Great lookin Jeep!

snowcrash

On all my Jeeps over the years the first mod has always been lights. Usually quickly followed by a flood of money buying everything else under the sun, but first and foremost is fixing those dim lights

radleyhardy

Judging from your picture Id' go this route

1) Recovery Gear (Strap, D-Rings, Basic hand tools, Gloves, ZipTies)

2) Fender Trim. Judging by the picture you have no room for movement

3) Remove Rear Bumper and add Evo Rear D-Ring Mounts

4) Rocker Protection (Evo, Nemesis, PSC)

5) C-Gussets

6) Skids/Armor (Transfer Case, Exhaust, Oil Pan, Trans)

7) TruckLites

Last edited:
I did LOD rock sliders and a very small lift, 1,75 front and 0,75 rear.

Next will be better all terain tires. After that I think I will look for some good roof rack so I can go on my long road trip I´m dreaming about.

I think the rock sliders are the most important protection to buy so thats why I started with them. Proberly I will also have some cover for the autotransmission and that little pipe for transoil cooling. To me it looks like that pipe really beg to get ripped off by a branch ore something like that.

Otherwise I think the stock skidplates are good enough, especially the transfer case skid.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
For me it was a front bumper and a winch. A lot mud where I wheel. The winch is a necessity. Recovery gear is always a must too.

JakeJK

If I already had off road tires I'd go with a 2.5 inch lift to get some movement without chopping fenders

jeeeep

Hooked
just bought a new sport and replaced the antenna with a flexible rubber antenna-x

Since I did buy it for my daughter, I was told to leave it alone and it'll never see off-road :icon_crazy: but I'm still going to do a leveling kit and probably 33's , rock rails.. just some non-mod mods :dont_tell:

Top Bottom